Question UPS PROBLEM

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
I have UPS that's when the power went off, it's immediately restart my PC or shut down My pc I don't know.
we have power issue in my area so I need UPS to have a normal life with this PC.
so I bought this UPS 1500VA or something. but it sometimes restarting my PC when power gone and switch to battery.
and that happen to me a lot so please if someone have any answer please. TELL ME.

So if you unplug the UPS from the wall does it switch to the battery or does your pc go off.

How old is the UPS. You need to replace the batteries every 3-5 years.

Very technically there is a very tiny amount of time it takes to switch to battery. Most electronic devices can tolerate very small outages, this is like when you see the lights blink but everything else says on. The power supplies have the ability to store a tiny amount of power to allow for that.
They do make very expensive UPS that do not have a switching time but it is not something needed by most home users.

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
So if you unplug the UPS from the wall does it switch to the battery or does your pc go off.

How old is the UPS. You need to replace the batteries every 3-5 years.

Very technically there is a very tiny amount of time it takes to switch to battery. Most electronic devices can tolerate very small outages, this is like when you see the lights blink but everything else says on. The power supplies have the ability to store a tiny amount of power to allow for that.
They do make very expensive UPS that do not have a switching time but it is not something needed by most home users.

I unplug the UPS from the wall which makes it switch to battery. but if I tried to do it several times it gonna restart the whole PC.
and my UPS 1 year old
and this is my second one the first one had the same issue so I brought the new one and it had the same issue :confused_old:
You need to Know that my house Power is very poor sometimes which goes on \off for few minutes. between this on\off, happen the issue. and sometimes immediately restart The PC.

Do you know what power supply is in the pc. Maybe something a bit larger and higher quality would help. A power supply should be able to keep the pc on for the tiny amount of time it take to switch to the battery.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the power supply is sensitive to the quality of the power. You need a UPS that puts out true sign wave. Some of the very efficient power supplies have trouble with the cheaper types of UPS.

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
Do you know what power supply is in the pc. Maybe something a bit larger and higher quality would help. A power supply should be able to keep the pc on for the tiny amount of time it take to switch to the battery.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the power supply is sensitive to the quality of the power. You need a UPS that puts out true sign wave. Some of the very efficient power supplies have trouble with the cheaper types of UPS.
Week ago I had deepcool 550watt white
And yesterday I bought Corsair sf600 platinum
I need to tell you that happens for all of them.
So if you ask about PSU problem then I don't know what to tell you.
Could it actually because I put a heavy load on it?
Because I do make him power my pc and my monitor at the same time?

It is not so much the load it is because some power supplies need extremely clean power. The power that comes out of the UPS you have may not be true sign wave. I don't know the details and I am not sure how much is marketing lies but they say you should run modern computers on only sign wave ups.

What exact UPS do you have.

In general it should run your pc for a couple minutes even at 600watts. It is highly unlikely you are using that much power you would need to be running something like a overclocked 13900k and a 4090 to pull that kind of power.

This is one of those things that I never tried plugging my good machines into my old UPS. I have a better UPS that provides sign wave power for my gaming machine and I use the old UPS run run routers and switches and other random stuff.

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
It is not so much the load it is because some power supplies need extremely clean power. The power that comes out of the UPS you have may not be true sign wave. I don't know the details and I am not sure how much is marketing lies but they say you should run modern computers on only sign wave ups.

What exact UPS do you have.

In general it should run your pc for a couple minutes even at 600watts. It is highly unlikely you are using that much power you would need to be running something like a overclocked 13900k and a 4090 to pull that kind of power.

This is one of those things that I never tried plugging my good machines into my old UPS. I have a better UPS that provides sign wave power for my gaming machine and I use the old UPS run run routers and switches and other random stuff.
I did my research on true sign wave and SSW and I got the almost the whole picture.
So to what I understand TSW always give me clean output power using it batteries if necessary even when my house power is poor , which I hardly believe my UPS one of them.
And the question that comes to my mind that my house power usually not good which makes my UPS go blinking and Turing green and red for hundred times in few minutes?does that make the issue?
And that goes me to another question
If that's true then why sometimes when my power are great and nothing wrong but then when it turns off my UPS immediately restart my PC? Can it be that when it's switch to battery mode does not give my PC the right amount of power in that sec cause it to restart? Or I opened my brain to wide😄?

I have UPS that's when the power went off, it's immediately restart my PC or shut down My pc I don't know.
we have power issue in my area so I need UPS to have a normal life with this PC.
so I bought this UPS 1500VA or something. but it sometimes restarting my PC when power gone and switch to battery.
and that happen to me a lot so please if someone have any answer please. TELL ME.
Check back of UPS as many only offer battery backup on select outlets.

The important specification here is hold-up time. The ATX PSU standard specifies a minimum of 17ms and both Deepcool and Corsair used to claim less than this in their documentation, even in their most premium products. Corsair no longer seem to provide this info but Tom's tested the SF600 Platinum and found it barely passed the minimum spec at 17.7ms, at least on 230v.

Note that at 60Hz one AC cycle is 16.67ms.

You'd have to look up the documentation for your UPS to determine its switchover time. Both line-interactive and online type UPSes don't have such a thing because they are always powering their outputs from the inverter, but of course are less efficient and more expensive (since the components must be rated for continuous duty)

If lights are blinking on your UPS it is trying to tell you something is wrong with the power or the battery. Consult the manual