[SOLVED] UPS the Correct Option?

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
A couple of years back I picked up an APC XS – 1300 UPS battery backup. All it needed was a replacement battery. The UPS utilizes Power Chute Personal Edition Software. When you go to the ATC site SW is very outdated.

I am about to fire up a $1500 Gaming PC:
• Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite
• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread CPU
• EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC Ultra Gaming GDDR6, 04G-P4-1257-KR, 4GB GDDR6, Dual Fan
• G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
• Seasonic Focus GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode
• Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe
• Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
• LIAN LI LANCOOL II MESH PEROFRMANCE BLACK Tempered Glass
ATX Case -Black Color -LANCOOL II MESH PEFORMANCE-X
• Windows 10 - 64 Bit - Home

Is it worth replacing the battery, fixing the UPS or should I just buy a new UPS? Would it be more feasible just to but a couple of top end surge protectors?

If yes in to any of these options, can anyone suggest what route they would go? Thanks in advance.

Solution
I'm not familiar with this exact UPS, but from what I can see, it's among higher grade (for home use). So, I think it makes sense just to replace battery if you can get it for reasonable price -we should always consider that when dealing with more expensive UPS's (unless UPS is broken/damaged). As for "outdated" software... if it does it's job, I really see no problem.
Replacing UPS with surge protectors... As you know, that's not comparable solution. If short power cuts (or voltage fluctuations) happen often and/or you just need to finish your work on PC, then UPS is a must have.
Just my 2c
I'm not familiar with this exact UPS, but from what I can see, it's among higher grade (for home use). So, I think it makes sense just to replace battery if you can get it for reasonable price -we should always consider that when dealing with more expensive UPS's (unless UPS is broken/damaged). As for "outdated" software... if it does it's job, I really see no problem.
Replacing UPS with surge protectors... As you know, that's not comparable solution. If short power cuts (or voltage fluctuations) happen often and/or you just need to finish your work on PC, then UPS is a must have.
Just my 2c

Reactions: CorpRebel
Solution