Question UPS turns off even when there is electricity

Skift2

Prominent
Dec 3, 2021
I have a 1500VA offline ups that I've been using for a few years by now. I have changed batteries before and everything has gone well. My PC has been the same for close to 3 years by now and the issue has been happening only in the last month. The issue is: I will be using my PC (gaming or not) and there is electricity and the ups shuts itself and the PC, then I have to turn off the UPS, turn it back on and only then will I be able to turn my PC back on and the moment I turn it on the UPS does the same thing again. I got new batteries and the issue still resides. If I unplug my UPS while everything is running it behaves normally and turns off after the batteries are drained. Could this be a simple issue that can be fixed easily or has something been overloaded beyond repair and I should just get a new one?

Skift2

Prominent
Dec 3, 2021
Make and model UPS?

Any power strips or surge protectors in the electrical connection path?
Zeus 1500VA I don't have anymore info about the model and the back just says 1500VA. the UPS is connected to a power strip which has had the same connections on it: phone charger, second monitor, a DAC/AMP and the UPS also the PC is currently connected to the power strip and it's working fine

Ralston18

Titan
The UPS shutting itself off may be a safety feature of some sort.

Most UPS manufacturers warn against using power strips and other surge protections with a UPS.

I suggest some testing to narrow down the possible culprits.

Starting with removing the power strip. Many power strips are cheaply made almost to the point of being unsafe.

Sketch out a diagram of everything connected showing all cables, wires. etc..

Are there any loops: Device A connected to Device B connected to Device C connected to Device D and then connected to Device A again? Any loop at all. Not just the electrical connections: audio, video, network....

Remove as many devices as possible with the objective of discovering some basic, simple configuration where the UPS no longer shuts itself off.

Then add devices back, one by one, allowing some time between device additions. Watch for loops.

If the UPS begins shutting itself off again then the last added device may be the problem.

Take your time, be methodical, change only one thing at a time.

Skift2

Prominent
Dec 3, 2021
The UPS shutting itself off may be a safety feature of some sort.

Most UPS manufacturers warn against using power strips and other surge protections with a UPS.

I suggest some testing to narrow down the possible culprits.

Starting with removing the power strip. Many power strips are cheaply made almost to the point of being unsafe.

Sketch out a diagram of everything connected showing all cables, wires. etc..

Are there any loops: Device A connected to Device B connected to Device C connected to Device D and then connected to Device A again? Any loop at all. Not just the electrical connections: audio, video, network....

Remove as many devices as possible with the objective of discovering some basic, simple configuration where the UPS no longer shuts itself off.

Then add devices back, one by one, allowing some time between device additions. Watch for loops.

If the UPS begins shutting itself off again then the last added device may be the problem.

Take your time, be methodical, change only one thing at a time.
The UPS does have a safety feature where it turns itself off when voltage or frequency is low/unstable however its happening at 230V and 50HZ which is the standard in my country.
I have been using this Huntkey power strip for 3 years for the UPS and everything else so I doubt its the cause of the issue but I will still investigate it.

no loops afaik.
I will do the tests you mentioned. Thanks for your help