Question URGENT!! 2 of my GPU's are no longer being detected by my MOBO

May 28, 2022
Im getting desperate at this point. I just bought the IbuyPower Snowblind S case for my build. I simply just needed to migrate my build to the new case. Easy. Tested everything before connecting and trying to power the lcd panel, everything works fine, no issues. Found cables I can use to power the LCD panel, a 6 pin to two molex connectors, and a small cable of female molex connectors. I connected the 6 pin to molex to my PSU, then that to the female cable, finally that to the molex connector on the case. Initially I plugged in both of the splitters from the 6 ping to two female connectors which in turn wouldn't let my system power on. After disconnecting one it powered on, but noticed that I suddenly wasn't getting a display from my 3070ti, I also had a gtx980 plugged in and running so I moved my display cable to that and it was working. I then plugged the HDMI for the LCD panel into my GPU and within 30s it was trying to catch fire, the HDMI cable was. I gave up on getting the side panel running and started working on getting my GPU back up. tried reseating in different slots, tried using a different PSU cable, and re-installed drivers. Then while on a support chat with NVIDIA the GTX 980 suddenly ends up in the same state as the 3070ti. No longer recognized by my motherboard, PCIe slots shows as empty in BIOS, but it does power on with the pc. I have not got to test these cards on other pc's yet, but I am using the system I just described currently, the video card is a spare like office workstation quadro I had. Works fine and took drivers but I can't get my 3070ti or gtx980 to be recognized. More concerned for the 3070ti of course but would like to figure out the problem

May 28, 2022
The only cables being used that didn't come with my PSU is the 6 Pin to male Molex, a cord with 3 female Molex adapters, and the Molex connector that is installed into the case itself to power the LCD side panel

May 28, 2022
Specs

MB: MSI x570 edge gaming wifi

GPU1: RTX 3070ti

GPU2: GTX980

CPU: Ryzen 7 5600x

RAM: GSkill Ripjaw x2 16gb modules

Storage: Currently only 1 M.2 drive is connected.

I was moving my system from a cheaper budget case to the IBuyPower Snowblind S. The system turned on and ran fine when i tested it after getting it put together, this was without connecting the Molex to power the LCD side panel. After I connected power to the side panel, the above described issues happened

May 28, 2022
Oh and I'm the current is a Thermaltake Smart Pro Rgb 750w Bronze. We're you meaning like model number? It is 2 years old, was previously running only a 1050ti. It's handled the 3070ti pretty well, I've been keeping an eye on voltage and thermals and what they should be normally from some research. I've been saving to upgrade the psu but other things have gotten in the way

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Do you know anyone with better PSUs -- the spare one is a non-starter -- that could test the GPU? If you have to Pro one, it's better than the other Smart PSUs, at least. Or at least run the GPUs by a shop to test them on their equipment. PSUs are a prime suspect when you have two GPUs suddenly die; there's little else that can cause that outside of extraordinarily bad luck.

Hopefully, the PSU has failed rather than the GPUs. Unfortunately, PSU for a 30 series GPU is not a "wait for later" thing. There's a reason only high-quality PSUs are especially recommended for these very spiky GPUs. And really, you get the right PSU before you get the GPU and before you buy a new case. Otherwise, it's a bit like having a car with grinding brakes and getting a moonroof installed instead of having them fixed. Less fun, but more important.