Urgent HELP: After Reseating the graphics card, the performance became very low and stutters everywhere.

To rub the dust off, I detached the card today and re-inserted it back into the slot where it was been before.

Now the graphics performance has degraded and stutters everywhere!. Cannot play any game and even browser or whatever appears on the screen, stutters.

Need help, please. Thanks in beforehand.

Solution
It's overheating. Turn on the computer and check with your hand if the fans are working.
Try to move it better maybe something isn't connected right. I think your card should have 2 power cables going into it, 6pins each.

Ripedox

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
It's overheating. Turn on the computer and check with your hand if the fans are working.
Try to move it better maybe something isn't connected right. I think your card should have 2 power cables going into it, 6pins each.

Solution

Ripedox

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Maybe something got fried... if you touched the card with fingers without getting rid of static shock first or any natural oils. Get it to a technician or try it on another build to be sure.

Nothing got fried because I use perfect PSU for this card and also, my build is almost 1-2 months old baby boy.

Guess what... Remember what you have quoted in last post? "Try to move it better maybe something isn't connected right"

That gave me an idea on how to resolve this issue. Usually when I normally insert a chip, I first slide the left part into the slot and then push the other part of the chip into the other end of the slot. This seems to be a stupid procedure on how to insert a chip into the slot.

Solution I've found: Inserted the whole thingy into the slot on a single try. Now the stuttering problems are gone. Thanks for your quick suggestions and solutions, mate.