Urgent Help Mouse and keyboard not responding but lit up after windows 10 hard reset.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sufyanmess007

Reputable
Aug 24, 2017
Hello, i have recently factory reset my windows as i have got new parts and decided to reset the pc. The reset was complete however now i am stuck on the select region and cant do anything as the there is no cursor and he keyboard wont respond. I have tried all ports and other keyboards and no luck. Please help urgently.

Solution
You are meant to download media creation tool onto a PC and then run it, the program will offer to create installation media for another PC. Choose that and then you can create installer on a USB drive or create an ISO file that can be burned onto a DVD. IT needs about 8gb of free space to create the USB or DVD

Instructions as to how are on the page I linked to download it

sufyanmess007

Reputable
Aug 24, 2017
I've also got past the installer btw, as i said when i put the hard drive in my other pc and completed the setup. Now i'm just stuckn on the login screen as it still doesn't work. I still dont understand how the mouse and keyboard worked on the other PC as it was the only one on the pc so i dont know how it got drivers out of nowhere??

Colif

Win 11 Master
The windows 10 installer has drivers on it, just not for all hardware. So my guess is the PC you installed win 10 on had different hardware compared to yours. IT could be down to a controller on motherboard being different

Did you try linux? Need to know if hardware works. If its a hardware problem it doesn't matter what software you use. I would think about taking it to a repair store and get them to test it out.

sufyanmess007

Reputable
Aug 24, 2017
I see, i wasn't able to try linux or try and create a windows 10 creation tool or iso as of usb issues. I'm hoping it's not a motherboard issue as i have spent money on parts and can't afford to get another motherboard. My only hope probably is to go to a repair shop and see if they can do anything. Non of anybody's methods are working and it's been quite some time and it's an issue that really bothers me as i use my PC to game daily and this isn't really great for me. I don't know why the motherboard would be affected by a factory reset as i thought it would just go normal without any issues. Guess i was wrong, should have went with a repair install instead maybe. Made a mistake, going to see if i can get it repaired as it's probably my only option now. Thanks for your help Colif, i will sort this out and get back to you if any help is needed.

sufyanmess007

Reputable
Aug 24, 2017
I've got a reply from the repair shop and they told me that it would cost £50 to repair the pc which in my opininon is probably easy money for them and i'm not sure if it's worth it as it's almost the price of the gpu i have?