Question Urgent PC help

Nov 10, 2022
Hello, for the past few days I took my desktop pc to the service store because my power supply had burned out. Today I got my computer back "fixed" but when I plugged it in and turned it on there was initially some crackling sounds which after some minutes immediately stopped, when I tried to update Windows it was struggling to turn back on and I got a "CPU overloaded" warning which also lasted very few seconds and now when I open games it takes forever and games that before ran at 200 FPS now don’t even run at 20 FPS and they frame lag, something is obviously wrong, do you think it is because of the PSU put in by the service shop? Or can it be something else? I was told at the store that it was only a problem with the PSU and that they fixed it.... Thank you in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it doesn't sound fixed to me

Had it crackled before you took it to them? Sounds like PSU they replaced it with isn't much good, wonder what model it is.
if all the problems happened after they fixed it, I would take back and ask them to fix it properly

how did PSU burn out? could be it damaged GPU at same time. I have had that happen before. My PSU went bang on startup and took my GPU with it.

Nov 10, 2022
it doesn't sound fixed to me

Had it crackled before you took it to them? Sounds like PSU they replaced it with isn't much good, wonder what model it is.
if all the problems happened after they fixed it, I would take back and ask them to fix it properly

how did PSU burn out? could be it damaged GPU at same time. I have had that happen before. My PSU went bang on startup and took my GPU with it.

Thank you for your concern. Yes, before I took it to them there were crackling sounds but the GPU was working fine, since they changed my PSU everything is slower and I barely reach 20 fps in game menus...

My components are:
  • Intel i9 9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB OC
  • MSI MAG B365M MORTAR
  • Hdd SSd M.2 512GB INTEL 660p Nvme
And the power supply that has been put in now is the Cooler Master MPE-7001-ACAAB 700W 80+ bronze (this is what they written)