Question USB 2.0 header on the motherboard

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Is it possible to connect this usb 2.0 splitter or is it risky? Currently, I've got my Corsair RGB controller occupying the usb 2.0 header on my motherboard, but want to connect a bluetooth device to a device I'm using for editing photos, since the wifi card has that facility to enable bluetooth

http://tinyurl.com/czfa88pr

My motherboard is the ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the model for your Corsair RGB controller? If you have a small headed flat screw driver, you could depin the connector and repin it to the USB block since most of Corsair's gear that need USB2.0 connectivity have an empty row on said connector. As for the splitter, I'd avoid that and invest in a USB2.0 hub if your controller needs more than one row of pins on the USB2.0 connector on the board. FYI, each connector can spring up 2 USB headers, and it's advised not to split them.

As for your WiFi needs, you might want to look into this listing.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Mind sharing the model for your Corsair RGB controller? If you have a small headed flat screw driver, you could depin the connector and repin it to the USB block since most of Corsair's gear that need USB2.0 connectivity have an empty row on said connector. As for the splitter, I'd avoid that and invest in a USB2.0 hub if your controller needs more than one row of pins on the USB2.0 connector on the board. FYI, each connector can spring up 2 USB headers, and it's advised not to split them.

As for your WiFi needs, you might want to look into this listing.

I've search high and low on eBay, but no luck for the usb 2.0 controller but they seem to only sell usb 3.0
The RGB controller is Lighting Node Pro RGB Lighting Controller. I'm not going to depin anything that would endanger my motherboard and other components that I've got