Question USB 3.0 getting detected as 2.0.

Mar 19, 2021
Hello. So heres the problem: i have a quest 2 with the link cable that i thought was the problem but after i downloaded something called USB Device Tree Viewer i saw that ports 1-3 were my only usb 3.0 ports that actually said they don't support 3.0 but they do 2.0?
Basically this : (no, port not supports USB 3.0) -> but Companion Port 2-18 does (Port 2 [MB])
And i don't know what the companion ports are but i want my usb 3.0 to just work.

(I also didn't know where to put this thread so yea)

Hello. So heres the problem: i have a quest 2 with the link cable that i thought was the problem but after i downloaded something called USB Device Tree Viewer i saw that ports 1-3 were my only usb 3.0 ports that actually said they don't support 3.0 but they do 2.0?
Basically this : (no, port not supports USB 3.0) -> but Companion Port 2-18 does (Port 2 [MB])
And i don't know what the companion ports are but i want my usb 3.0 to just work.

(I also didn't know where to put this thread so yea)
USB 3 and up need a separate driver as they have own chip. Did you install them ?

Mar 19, 2021
USB 3 and up need a separate driver as they have own chip. Did you install them ?
I don't think so.
My motherboard is gigabyte h410m s2, and i didn't see any drivers for usb 3.0 on their website,i tried updating them using the automatic windows search.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021
It's in chipset drivers.
I looked there multiple times already and there's basically nothing. There's some I/O things but idk if that's that.

Edit: I downloaded it and it says it isn't supported. First time it didnt say anything and didnt show any success message either.

Last edited: