Question usb controller resources exceeded

CrosshairPvP

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
So I'm getting an error on my mic. When I first turn on my pc and check my sound it says 'USB controller resources exceeded'. I looked it up and read stuff about USB 1.0 and 2.0 and 3.0 and the endpoints and why I'm getting that error. I've tried rearranging my USB ports, I tried turning off the xHCI boot setting in the bios and still no luck. What i don't understand is that my mic was working fine yesterday and now it doesn't. It seems to ONLY be my mic tho.

MIC: Antlion Audio ModMic 5

PC SPECS:

CrosshairPvP

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
You can get windows to reload the USB drivers by removing the various usb entries under USB Controllers in device manager and restart

How many usb devices do you have in total?
I have already tried going to my device manager and uninstalling my USB controllers and that didn't seem to work either. Right now I have only 4 USBs in. My headset, my mic, my keyboard, and my mouse. I have tried rearranging them, swtching my mic to the front USB ports and nothing seems to wokr. I have also already tried reinstalling my motherboard drivers but im not too sure how to work the Realtek audio console.

CrosshairPvP

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
I have already tried going to my device manager and uninstalling my USB controllers and that didn't seem to work either. Right now I have only 4 USBs in. My headset, my mic, my keyboard, and my mouse. I have tried rearranging them, swtching my mic to the front USB ports and nothing seems to wokr. I have also already tried reinstalling my motherboard drivers but im not too sure how to work the Realtek audio console.
In addition, I can plug in a webcam or my Xbox controller into a USB port and it works. Any time I try and plug in my blue snowball mic or my antlion modmic 5, my pc doesn't seem to pick it up. No sound when it comes up. My antlion modmic shows up in my sound control panel but doesn't pick up any sound unless I'm plugging in the jack.

In addition, I can plug in a webcam or my Xbox controller into a USB port and it works. Any time I try and plug in my blue snowball mic or my antlion modmic 5, my pc doesn't seem to pick it up. No sound when it comes up. My antlion modmic shows up in my sound control panel but doesn't pick up any sound unless I'm plugging in the jack.

Do you have a laptop or access to another machine you can test the microphone on? I'm thinking perhaps it is faulty.