[SOLVED] USB device not recognized

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
Whenever I start up my PC now, it just started saying a USB device is not recognized and it keeps popping up. I've tried all fixes relating to troubleshooting, physically unplugging, and redownloading USB drivers, but it still doesn't go away. How can I solve this?

Solution
I saw that there was an unrecognized device in USB-hub 14 but, It won't let me uninstall or disable the device. And I don't have any other devices connected to my PC.

can you show me some screenshots? It might give some clues.

I see windows desktop manager crashing, I wonder if thats caused by Nvidia drivers. You have April ones installed. The newer Nvidia drivers don't seem suited for 10 series cards (Like yours). Try running DDU and run windows update afterwards and use the drivers from MIcrosoft (they still from Nvidia, just older and should work better) - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Windows push notification app been failing too.

Do you...

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
Have you tried updating BIOS/Chipset in motherboard as it might identify it then

what USB devices do you have?

try running this, i know you not getting bsod but it collects other data that might help - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/

I have an ASRock B365 Pro4 if that helps at all. And I used the windows flash installer for a BIOS update, but it didn't change anything. (If I installed the update correctly).

for USBs, I only use my keyboard, mouse, and I have a Bluetooth adapter.

But on device Manager, an unrecognized device pops up for like 1 or 2 seconds then it refreshes and goes away and the device manager keeps refreshing itself. So I don't have any time to uninstall that USB device.

I did run the BSOD data collection app, but I'm not sure what to look for.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you just upload the zip file it makes, to a file sharing website, I will have a look.

tried starting without the adapter?

I would get you to look in event viewer but there are always errors in there (even on a working PC) and it might be difficult to find any that are for this.

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
if you just upload the zip file it makes, to a file sharing website, I will have a look.

tried starting without the adapter?

I would get you to look in event viewer but there are always errors in there (even on a working PC) and it might be difficult to find any that are for this.

Yea I have tried loading up my Pc without the adapter, but it makes no difference. And the adapter seems to be working file, while there is still an unrecognized device.

But after downloading some 3rd party device manager tools, I saw that there was an unrecognized device in USB-hub 14 but, It won't let me uninstall or disable the device. And I don't have any other devices connected to my PC.

But the data from the BSOD collection app is in this link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b7DCbKp_o9xOjbTWDiM3Ym1ZPNehF6rH/view?usp=sharing

I honestly have no clue about how to fix this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I saw that there was an unrecognized device in USB-hub 14 but, It won't let me uninstall or disable the device. And I don't have any other devices connected to my PC.

can you show me some screenshots? It might give some clues.

I see windows desktop manager crashing, I wonder if thats caused by Nvidia drivers. You have April ones installed. The newer Nvidia drivers don't seem suited for 10 series cards (Like yours). Try running DDU and run windows update afterwards and use the drivers from MIcrosoft (they still from Nvidia, just older and should work better) - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Windows push notification app been failing too.

Do you know what VB Virtual Audio driver from VB Audio VoiceMeeter might be? it shows in Sound devices, appears to have a win 7 driver - vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys

just looking for possibles

its possible an error called bad_module_info is the recording of the USB error, although it doesn't tell me a lot. first time it seems to happen was 20th Feb 2020. Its surrounded by Epic Gamers launcher crashes

see if this helps
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

System events are included in the dump you gave me, nothing stands out in admin listing

Last edited:
Solution
Jun 22, 2020
I'm having the same issue with my computer. With nothing plugged in this error continuously pops up with noises sounding like something is being plugged in and out. Very annoying. All ports seem to work just fine and I've updated the BIOS, chipset, and drivers. Could it be something wrong with the motherboard or front panel connections?