Question USB devices constantly disconnect please help

Jan 5, 2021
all of my usb devices disconnect 1-8 times per hour randomly. And when i disable windows ability to disconnect them it still disconnects. I started thinking it was an issue with my power supply or motherboard that would make it do such a thing. But i dont really know. my system is a year old with no currently new hardware

ryzen 5 3600
asrock b450 steel legend
rx 5700 xfx dd ultra
1tb m.2 ssd
700w rosewill glacier series
2 aoc c24g1 24 inch 1080p displays
16gb corsair vengeance rgb ram

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can associate with the USB device failures.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Re-seat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Hopefully some connection or seating has just crept loose over time.

Jan 5, 2021
Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can associate with the USB device failures.

Re-seat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

ive opened it and checked everything. It all looks good there but i have not checked for error codes

Jan 5, 2021

ok i just checked and it says error 144 and its a usb driver error but i dont know how to fix it

Jan 5, 2021

unknown.png
unknown.png
i dont really know what these mean but hopefully you do

Jan 5, 2021
Type "Reliability History" in the "Type here to search box" normally located in the lower left screen corner.

Work through the days/weeks timeline looking for errors, etc..
most errors are recent with razer synapse and then the hardware issues i already posted im currently trying something new with synapse that might fix it but i have low hope

Ralston18

Titan
This "most errors are recent with razer synapse and then the hardware issues i already posted im currently trying something new with synapse ".

What did you try?

How many and what USB devices are you using?

Are all USB devices getting their power via the computer's USB ports or are you using an independently powered USB hub of some sort?

Jan 5, 2021
what i did was a simple trying to repair synapse type of thing, all of my razer devices are powered via independent usb 3.0 ports, and im powering a 1tb external drive and a random not plugged into anything usb 3.0 to usb c cable for my quest 2

TheoneKooZ

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
i have a 5 fan rgb controller for my fans, there 120mm uphere rgb fans
That's most likely the issue, I assume it's also a Corsair one and you have iCue installed with maybe another rgb software? If not, what's your controller?

First, try unplugging the USB headers that goes into the motherboard from the controller and test your pc.

If it did "fix" it, there are 1-2 possible fixes.

First is to try to disable PCIe gen 4 and turn it into PCIe gen 3 in your bios. Test it again.

If that didn't fix it, a bunch of people has said that by making the controller go through an internal NZXT or Thermaltake hub fixed it too.

Here are the other threads that I read about it: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189994

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/k8mtes/pcie_gen_4_causes_usb_problems_on_b550x570/

Let me know if anything worked.

Jan 5, 2021
That's most likely the issue, I assume it's also a Corsair one and you have iCue installed with maybe another rgb software? If not, what's your controller?

First, try unplugging the USB headers that goes into the motherboard from the controller and test your pc.

If it did "fix" it, there are 1-2 possible fixes.

First is to try to disable PCIe gen 4 and turn it into PCIe gen 3 in your bios. Test it again.

If that didn't fix it, a bunch of people has said that by making the controller go through an internal NZXT or Thermaltake hub fixed it too.

Here are the other threads that I read about it: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189994

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/k8mtes/pcie_gen_4_causes_usb_problems_on_b550x570/

Let me know if anything worked.
its a custom made rig with the usb devices plugged into the rear io so that wont affect it and the controller is a wireless no software required one.

TheoneKooZ

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
its a custom made rig with the usb devices plugged into the rear io so that wont affect it and the controller is a wireless no software required one.
I would suggest giving the PCIe gen 4 to gen 3 a try as it is not only related to internal USB.

It might be worth a shot to turn the RGB stuff off to isolate the problem further more also.

Jan 5, 2021
OK ive found something new about my problem. Its strictly with my razer kraken ultimate headset. I just thought it was everything because it auto synced all of my devices via synapse. So its strictly the headset