Question USB Devices Frequently Connecting and Disconnecting ?

Aug 1, 2023
All my USB Devices are acting so Weird all of a sudden.
I believe its the mobo damaged or something, cuz i tried everything to diagnose.
My Pc Specs
Text File (These specs were recorded)

[WHEN IT STARTED HAPPENING]
SPECS--->Same As Above.
Operating System--->Custom Windows 10 ISO (GGOS)

Ok, so I was using my computer just as normal, like my daily routine. I was working on a Presentation at the time on PowerPoint when I noticed my mouse cursor showing sudden and random lags. I have been using the software on the computer before and for quite a while, never had any issues.
I ignored the lag as it was very out of no where, like a second. But then it happened many time after that and it even came to a point where I was somewhat frustrated. I am working on the PPT and the mouse, just stops working. The keyboard also stopped working. (LIGHTS WERE ON, BUT NOT WORKING) I thought it could be some sort of error. So as a last resort, I restart the computer, which in fact fixed the issue.

[IN GAMING]
I was playing valorant with my friend when I noticed the same stutters and lags in the mouse in the game which made the game unplayable. That was when I noticed, the computer was working fine, it was just the devices that seem to fail. The game world was rendering fine, other players in the game were moving, I could see them on my screen, I can hear the game sounds, the timer, everything working fine but the keyboard and mouse. So I restarted and started looking for the possible issue, didn't find anything. To my knowledge, I thought it was some corrupted windows files, so I reinstalled windows (Again, that same custom OS GGOS*).

[AFTER REINSTALL (GGOS)]
I actually thought this could've fixed the issue surely but to my surprise, it didn't. Same issue, Same Randomness.
I installed the windows a second time and lol it wasn't any different. Here I decided that it could be the Custom Windows OS (Regardless it was working fine), I downloaded a fresh ISO from Microsoft official Media Creation Tool. Mount the ISO and installed a new copy of Windows 10.

[CURRENT SITUATION (AFTER WINDOWS 10 INSTALL)]
Operating System---> Windows 10 Pro (From Microsoft official)
I thought, this must've fixed the issue as it seemed like some sort of driver issue, but I was wrong again. I installed the vanilla copy of windows 10 and noticed the same stuttering in the mouse and other devices. Now I also noticed that my headphones also made a cracking noise when everything freezes, like a broken speaker. At this point I have no choice but to restart the computer.
So here's something new; on GGOS, because its optimized for best performance in gaming, there are many services and features disabled from vanilla windows 10. These disabled services/features also include the sound that the computer makes when a USB device is plugged in or out. So as you might've guessed, on the vanilla windows, when that weird phase (Again, totally random, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't) started happening i could hear the sounds like the mouse is constantly disconnect and reconnected to the computer, making it stutter and lag.
For a quick fix, I looked up the internet and downloaded latest & some missing motherboard drivers from Driver Pack Solution. I Saw some mouse drivers in the missing drivers section when the software completed the scan and really hoped that this would finally fix the issue. But I was wrong again.
The issue is still there and now I think its just the motherboard that's gone bad.

If anyone else encountered any similar issue, please let me know. Any Help/Diagnosis is appreciated.

[YES I TRIED CHANGING THE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD]
Once the Devices freeze, I tried plugging in other mouse and another keyboard. To my Surprise they fixed the issue. I mean The PC was working fine with the new ones. (Even tho there is a click problem in my old mouse, I still tolerated it)
But I used this new set for a day or two, then the same thing happened again (with the new mouse and keyboard). So I switched back to the previous devices and then it was working fine. I don't know what should I do at this point.

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
Just a wild shot, but you could try switching off Power Management for all your USB Root Hubs in Device Manager, under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Right click on each USB Root Hub in Device Manager, select Properties, Power Management tab, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, uncheck the box and save settings.

This stops Windows turning off the USB ports to save power.

Reactions: rythmdx
Aug 1, 2023
Just a wild shot, but you could try switching off Power Management for all your USB Root Hubs in Device Manager, under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Right click on each USB Root Hub in Device Manager, select Properties, Power Management tab, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, uncheck the box and save settings.

This stops Windows turning off the USB ports to save power.
Thanks for the response.
I checked onto that setting but it seems that its already turned off on my computer.