[SOLVED] USB Dongle support for Asus Router RT-AC1200?

Solution
That router is somewhat different than most routers in asus line. They created it as a "value" router to compete on price with other vendors 1200 routers. It was close to 1/2 the price of the other 1200 model asus used to sell at the time.

The limiting factor is the amount of memory they put in the devices. I suspect that is why it does not have support for many of the feature other asus routers have in their factory images.

Since it uses mediatek chipset in general you will not find a lot of third party firmware, I suspect though the limited memory will restrict the features on those firmwares even if you could find one.
That router is somewhat different than most routers in asus line. They created it as a "value" router to compete on price with other vendors 1200 routers. It was close to 1/2 the price of the other 1200 model asus used to sell at the time.

The limiting factor is the amount of memory they put in the devices. I suspect that is why it does not have support for many of the feature other asus routers have in their factory images.

Since it uses mediatek chipset in general you will not find a lot of third party firmware, I suspect though the limited memory will restrict the features on those firmwares even if you could find one.

Reactions: kashif789us
Solution