Hello,

I've got an USB Adapter on my XP machine.
I do need to keep alive my USB adapter, even if the network is NOT
available.
(the adapter seems to be in sleeping mode, if no network is connected...)

- Is there anybody, who can tell me how to disable this feature ??

Thanks

Malke

David M wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got an USB Adapter on my XP machine.
> I do need to keep alive my USB adapter, even if the network is NOT
> available.
> (the adapter seems to be in sleeping mode, if no network is
> connected...)
>
> - Is there anybody, who can tell me how to disable this feature ??
>
> Thanks

Go to the adapter's Properties from Device Manager (System applet in
Control Panel). If there is a power management tab, uncheck "allow
Windows to disable this device when not in use".

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com