Question USB Flash Drive - Device Not Migrated Error in all windows computers we try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maldini999

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
My wife took our many years old USB stick to the local library and used it in a MAC. When she came home, the drive can not be recognized on any computer any more (windows or mac).

The USB drive does not show up in Windows Explorer but I do see it in both the Device Manager and the Disk Management tool.

When looking at the event window, this is the error I found:

Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_U2140703&Prod_FLASH_DISK&Rev_2.00\0554180703290210&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

When googling this error, it seems like the fix is always local to the computer itself but this USB drive does not work in any computer.

I have tried the common fix of removing the driver and reinstalling it but that did not help.

Any suggestions?

Maldini999

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
Possibly you have to go back to the library and re format the drive on the system that screwed the drive up in the first place?!Did it try to install some library software?!

Also since it's old maybe it just happened to fail and it has nothing to do with anything.

my wife said she only used the mac in the library to access files on the USB drive and nothing else.

It could have just failed, I agree. It is very old.

Status
Not open for further replies.