Jul 1, 2020
Hi,
I've been having issues with my usb ports recently (started about a week ago), were my keyboard, mouse and vr gear began to disconnect from my computer randomly then reconnect for the time I have my computer on.
I have a GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H and have already contacted gigabyte support over the issue, however the solution they gave me didn't work.
I've already tried the following:
  • reflashing the BIOS to the lastest version (F50).
  • clearing the CMOS (as instructed by gigabyte support).
  • resetting the BIOS to 'optimised defaults' (as instructed by gigabyte support).
  • uninstalling and reinstalling USB drivers.
  • purchasing a USB 3.0 expansion card (nearly crashed my computer twice after installation).
  • tried changing which ports each device was plugged into.
  • disabling automatic shut down of USB devices to save power.
  • using third-party software (Oculus Tray Tool) to disable USB Selective Suspend, while I'm using my Oculus Rift CV1.
I think what the problem is, is that my motherboard cannot supply enough power to the USB's as it only has about two USB controllers on the board.

I was thinking of upgrading my motherboard to the GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M, as it has enough USB ports for what I need as well as extra SATA ports. However I've spent some time googling for how many USB controllers the board has and can't find anything. So if anyone could give an idea of how many usb controllers are on this board that would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mark