ToroHanushka

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
Hey, I have a certain problem right now, and I am not sure what to do with it.

I have a desktop quite far from my table, so I use a 3.0 USB hub (powered -> i-tec USB 3.0 charging hub 7port) and in it, I have connected Roccat Kone aimo mouse, HyperX keyboard, USB Mic, and Receiver for my steel series arctic 7s.

Everything is absolutely perfect, I can even add a USB stick to the hub and upload files with 3.0 speeds, but when I try to stream my screen on discord/teams/zoom the hub disconnects everything and starts reconnecting/disconnecting all USB.
From what I found it's called USB overload. I have no idea why that happens and it bothers me.
I thought about getting some updated drivers but I can't find anything. I have the hub connected to my MB (steel legend b550) to port with USB 3.2 Gen2 so the speeds should be alright. Could anyone help me find the problem?

I thought that it could be the hub, but I tried 2 of them and the problem persists.

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Ok if anybody cares about solution. I found out its caused by B550 chipset and 4gen PCIE. When I set manually my GPUs Pcie speed to gen3 everything works like a charm. Its temporary solution until they patch it but works.

ToroHanushka

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
The first step, move the computer closer and don't use any hubs, does the issue still happen?

How long is the cable to that USB hub?

I know that moving the PC would solve everything but I can't do it. I am a student in rent and I have a small room so I can't really choose a better place. I have a desk with cabinets on both sides and the computer is next to the desk.

I tried using the "usbview" app which shows all the connections and this is how it came up if it helps.

View: https://imgur.com/yevVk1Y

The cable is 1.5meters USB 3.2.

Hey, I have a certain problem right now, and I am not sure what to do with it.

I have a desktop quite far from my table, so I use a 3.0 USB hub (powered -> i-tec USB 3.0 charging hub 7port) and in it, I have connected Roccat Kone aimo mouse, HyperX keyboard, USB Mic, and Receiver for my steel series arctic 7s.

Everything is absolutely perfect, I can even add a USB stick to the hub and upload files with 3.0 speeds, but when I try to stream my screen on discord/teams/zoom the hub disconnects everything and starts reconnecting/disconnecting all USB.
From what I found it's called USB overload. I have no idea why that happens and it bothers me.
I thought about getting some updated drivers but I can't find anything. I have the hub connected to my MB (steel legend b550) to port with USB 3.2 Gen2 so the speeds should be alright. Could anyone help me find the problem?

I thought that it could be the hub, but I tried 2 of them and the problem persists.

Thanks for your help.

Have you read the documentation for all of your devices? Some simply can't work with hubs, and the documentation for them will say so. In my experience a mouse and keyboard will always work with USB2, but some higher speed devices have to be plugged directly into the computer without going through a hub.

I know that moving the PC would solve everything but I can't do it. I am a student in rent and I have a small room so I can't really choose a better place. I have a desk with cabinets on both sides and the computer is next to the desk.

I tried using the "usbview" app which shows all the connections and this is how it came up if it helps.

View: https://imgur.com/yevVk1Y

The cable is 1.5meters USB 3.2.

None of the items you use have a long enough cable to reach the PC? At least the receiver for the headset does not need to go in there. Try removing one thing at a time and connect it directly to the system for a test, see if removing any of those things from the hub stops it from disconnecting.

ToroHanushka

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
None of the items you use have a long enough cable to reach the PC? At least the receiver for the headset does not need to go in there. Try removing one thing at a time and connect it directly to the system for a test, see if removing any of those things from the hub stops it from disconnecting.
That is my plan currently. Bought aux cable so I can put the receiver to the PC. The receiver could be there but it has "aux in and out" for when I do not have a connected my headphones and it can take alternative device (speakers) and that cant reach. But the aux cable should solve it.

ToroHanushka

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
Ok if anybody cares about solution. I found out its caused by B550 chipset and 4gen PCIE. When I set manually my GPUs Pcie speed to gen3 everything works like a charm. Its temporary solution until they patch it but works.

Solution