Question USB port not working

patictor

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017
Hello ;

All a sudden, the 2 USB 3/2 ports on the back panel of my mother Board Giga B75M-D3H, chipset Intel B75 Express, CPU Intel Core i3-3120 stopped working.

I run Windows XP SP3 32 bit and the failure happened after the BIOS booted on a flash drive (pluged on another USB 3/2 port available through the internal USB headers) for a Windows 10 installation. It was just a test, so I stopped the installation process after the first screen, (I didn't click on "Install now"). I don't know if the USB failure is linked to this, nevertheless the other USB ports work fine .

Maybe somebody have an idea about this situation?

And anyway Happy Christmas to everybody

Hello ;

All a sudden, the 2 USB 3/2 ports on the back panel of my mother Board Giga B75M-D3H, chipset Intel B75 Express, CPU Intel Core i3-3120 stopped working.

I run Windows XP SP3 32 bit and the failure happened after the BIOS booted on a flash drive (pluged on another USB 3/2 port available through the internal USB headers) for a Windows 10 installation. It was just a test, so I stopped the installation process after the first screen, (I didn't click on "Install now"). I don't know if the USB failure is linked to this, nevertheless the other USB ports work fine .

Maybe somebody have an idea about this situation?

And anyway Happy Christmas to everybody
Your XP likely has no drivers for new USB ports, specially USB3 but that couldn't change anything in BIOS and USB ports should work still.
Btw. Setting USB ports to Legacy (v1.1) may help XP recognize USB2 ports although I'm skeptical about XP running at that platform at all unless chipset and other drivers are available and preinstalled in XP.