Question USB resets/crashes, reboots in ~5-10 seconds

OODUMB

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
Experiencing a somewhat rare but nonetheless annoying issue with USB.

All connected USB devices (keyboard, mouse, audio interface, webcam) seem to freeze (mouse and keyboard unresponsive, audio stops playing from interface, etc) and/or disable for about 5 to 10 seconds before turning back on. This doesn't seem to affect any other software, nor devices such as the GPU or any hard drives. I've only ever had this happen once per boot; I do not leave my PC on overnight. It also does not happen every boot. Once the devices are back, everything behaves as normal.

The best diagnostic I've come up with is a report from Event Viewer (two actually, but they appear identical) from source 'Windows Error Reporting', event name 'LiveKernelEvent', event ID 1001. The event details seem unhelpful to an untrained eye such as mine, and while it DOES list a number of dumps, including one having something to do with USBXHCI, those appear to be gone after the event is posted, and the best I could find was an archived WER report file; again, I can't make heads or tails of it.

If necessary, I can post that report.

ASRock Z390 Taichi
Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042
Intel i9-9900KS
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080ti

OODUMB

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
I've yet to solve this problem, and I realize I initially posted this late at night. If I should make a new post or make a post linking to this one, let me know.