Question usb type c header

Cybereyes

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
I have a Corsair obsidian 1000d case that I am building my new computer with. The case has 4 USB 3.2 ports on the front that lead to two 19 pin cables that are split to connect all 4 USB 3.2 ports to two 19 pin headers on the motherboard. It also has two USB type C ports on the front but those cables are not split and leads to two separate cables meaning I need two USB type C headers on my motherboard. The MSI X570 Ace motherboard only has one type C header. Do they make any sort of splitters for that or am I just out of luck? I hate having dead ports that do nothing on my PC even if I never use them or use them rarely.

Cybereyes

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
That actually looks like it might work. I did several searches and couldn't find anything. Thanks. I was hoping there would be more of a cable splitter option that I could use on the one Type C header similar to the cable splitter that is being used on my 19 pin USB3.2 headers, but I guess there is some sort of conflict preventing this. But this card should serve the same purpose.

Cybereyes

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
So I bought that card and as it turns out it was giving my system an error and wouldn't let me post. I kept getting an error that my CPU was not detected or failed. After lots of hair pulling and even buying a new processor preparing for the worst, I started pulling things out and putting them back in one at a time. In the end it was this card. Buy why?

IMG-4836

TRENDING THREADS