Question USB3/motherboard problem for Oculus Rift S

Old Soul

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
Trying to get my computer to pass the Oculus VR Compatibility check, everything's green ticks with the exception of "USB" which says:
"Some of the hardware that powers your USB ports is not compatible: Eltron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller"
I've tried installing drivers from both Intel and Eltron to no avail, both installed software but said there was nothing to update.
Anything else to download that could update them?

Failing that I'm thinking I'll have to replace the motherboard, in which case I have a dilemma. I'd like to keep the perfectly passable CPU and everything else but idk how to find out if it's possible to get a replacement motherboard for the same old CPU but with the ability to run sufficiently better USB3 drivers to pass the compatibility test for the Oculus Rift S.

Current system specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

So yeah, a possibly multi-level problem. Any advice?

Reactions: globomidia

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I have no experience with Oculus, but it sounds odd that it wouldn't work with any USB3 controller. I'd hazard a guess that it should work anyway despite the compatibility warnings. I'd suggest asking on a Oculus forum or support if such a compatibility warning is a straight failure or not.

Other than that yea a PCI-E card like the one suggested above should work. I have something similar from MSI, there are no problems with it (I don't have Oculus tho).

Aug 16, 2019
Trying to get my computer to pass the Oculus VR Compatibility check, everything's green ticks with the exception of "USB" which says:
"Some of the hardware that powers your USB ports is not compatible: Eltron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller"
I've tried installing drivers from both Intel and Eltron to no avail, both installed software but said there was nothing to update.
Anything else to download that could update them?

Failing that I'm thinking I'll have to replace the motherboard, in which case I have a dilemma. I'd like to keep the perfectly passable CPU and everything else but idk how to find out if it's possible to get a replacement motherboard for the same old CPU but with the ability to run sufficiently better USB3 drivers to pass the compatibility test for the Oculus Rift S.

Current system specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

So yeah, a possibly multi-level problem. Any advice?

Hi there!

Same situation here.

Same specs... just different vga.
I was amazed to find out that there´s no clear response to that question.
I Need too buy another pc... this one servers me quite all right, but it must go to bkp...
BUT not right now! Im waiting Ryzen 3950x... it´s so close. My problem is I got a job to deliver a VR
mini game (of sorts)... good money... so I bought Rift S... not exacly plug and play...wow I feel like sending it back after this mess with usb... Im noow wondering if it will work if my next pc and it´s whatever chipset will be.
Anyways my friend... did you managed to fix it? The Inateck fix maybe.... to me it will be expensive... what is
30 us dolares to you e 300 bucks for me. Just like that... one plus zero... Brazil sucks.

Give me a reply please if you can.

Thanks you!

Eduardo.