[SOLVED] USBreview - Only one device has a serial number?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
I have a mouse and keyboard connected to my laptop, only one of them which is the keyboard is connected to my first USB port. How come it's the only one with a number?

Also how come installed USB devices have multiple drives? I'm assuming composite means it registers the device, and input is for using the actual device?

Edit: It does not seem to be from my keyboard but it's a non-USB connected device for my webcam or something.

Last edited:
Solution
usb serial number is a windows thing...unless its usb drive, it will be some random numbers or nothing..its up to windows to put something there (if it needs it), usb drives have serial number stored..so windows will just read it (its used there for drive letter)
that usb composite thing is very common...
its like having one usb receiver to connect multiple things
they can have usb flash drive, which contains device drivers or background app which downloads drivers or rgb control through i2c
what it means is that usb device has inside many things which can work together at same time
usb serial number is a windows thing...unless its usb drive, it will be some random numbers or nothing..its up to windows to put something there (if it needs it), usb drives have serial number stored..so windows will just read it (its used there for drive letter)
that usb composite thing is very common...
its like having one usb receiver to connect multiple things
they can have usb flash drive, which contains device drivers or background app which downloads drivers or rgb control through i2c
what it means is that usb device has inside many things which can work together at same time

Solution