[SOLVED] Use VPN on Xbox One for streaming

dario.moras13

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018
Hey guys, I didn't know on which forum I should post my question(/problem), so I'll try on this one.
I recently bought a subscription to ExpressVPN, and wanted to know if I could use it to stream in other countries, cause I live in Africa and would like to watch Netflix and Amazon prime from Europe as there is not much choice here, anyways I appreciate any help I can get.

Another quick little question, can I use ExpressVPN with Chromecast?

D

Deleted member 14196

firstly, I don't think you can use vpn with xbox, period. probably not even with chromecast and what you are asking for goes against the forum rules I believe.

D

Deleted member 14196

Solution
Dec 10, 2019
Hey guys, I didn't know on which forum I should post my question(/problem), so I'll try on this one.
I recently bought a subscription to ExpressVPN, and wanted to know if I could use it to stream in other countries, cause I live in Africa and would like to watch Netflix and Amazon prime from Europe as there is not much choice here, anyways I appreciate any help I can get.

Another quick little question, can I use ExpressVPN with Chromecast?
Yes Dario, You can configure vpn on xbox. And it is very easy to setup through Router, Windows and Mac.
And yes you can also stream Netflix and Amazon Prime from Europe using ExpressVPN.
I am sharing guide, I hope it'll work :)

1. Via Router:
  2. On your Xbox controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to enter the menu.
  3. Now, go to the ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings.
  4. Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings.
  5. Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select your wireless network that the Xbox 360 & Xbox One will automatically detect.
  6. Now, enter the WPA key. This key is written on the router as well.
  7. Now, accept all settings and continue for a ‘Test Connection.
  8. Once everything is connected, simply sign in to your Xbox 360 & Xbox One account. And you’re done!

Yes Dario, You can configure vpn on xbox. And it is very easy to setup through Router, Windows and Mac.
And yes you can also stream Netflix and Amazon Prime from Europe using ExpressVPN.
I am sharing guide, I hope it'll work :)

1. Via Router:
  2. On your Xbox controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to enter the menu.
  3. Now, go to the ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings.
  4. Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings.
  5. Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select your wireless network that the Xbox 360 & Xbox One will automatically detect.
  6. Now, enter the WPA key. This key is written on the router as well.
  7. Now, accept all settings and continue for a ‘Test Connection.
  8. Once everything is connected, simply sign in to your Xbox 360 & Xbox One account. And you’re done!

This is just how to connect the device to a wireless signal not through VPN.

Jul 30, 2019
From my personal experience, I use Surfshark on my Xbox, not only does it improve the speed of the game, but also allows me access games, which are not yet released in my region. Not sure about Express, though.

Dec 10, 2019
From my personal experience, I use Surfshark on my Xbox, not only does it improve the speed of the game, but also allows me access games, which are not yet released in my region. Not sure about Express, though.
hey, how is your experience regarding streaming and for other activities with surfshark btw?
I am thinking to try this once