Used linux board, can only install linux iso? What are my options for a windows OS?

lionelma

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Hi,

I got a used board to replace my Asus P7H55M. Only trouble is, when I try to install the Windows 10 or 7 ISO from a USB, it gives me the message:

"isolinux.bin is missing or corrupt".

If i use a linux ISO (in this case linuxmint19) then it proceeds to load, and I therefore have the option to install. I imagine that this means the board previously had a linux installed.

If I want to install Windows (wine doesn't do the trick for my windows based programs), is my only option installing linux then going for a dual boot?

Are there any ideas for other options to get Windows and avoid a dual boot?

Many thanks.

lionelma

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Ok. Interesting thought. I think it was, but I have been copying and pasting different Isos about, too. I'll do it again properly and report back. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

lionelma

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Thank you anotherdrew. You saved me a big headache. Effectively, because I had been swopping ISOs about on one USB, it appears I had just copied and pasted the windows iso file onto the USB. Doing it properly using media creator worked a dream. Thanks again.