[SOLVED] Used rx480, would the average temperature increase in games when upgrading from 720p to 1080p, or does it have impact onlyon the frame rate?

Mar 2, 2021
Hello, its my first time posting here. Ive recently bought a prebuilt pc, with a used gpu. So lets say I have 65 degrees C on average - gpu and 50 degrees - cpu (ryzen5 1600) in Metro Exodus on medium settings in 1280x1024 resolution. If I upgrade to 1980x1080 resolution, would the average temperature of the gpu increase significantly on the same graphics settings? I am more concerned about the temperature rather than framerate, the highest it has been yet is 71degrees in Witcher3 on ultra, and Metro Exodus on mixed without vsync. Also I use HDMI to VGA converter.

Solution
I see, 5C doesnt seem like a big price to pay for going 1080p, but I am still a bit anxious about going above 70C. Could you please tell me what gpu you are using and what temp range during intense gaming do you consider normal for it?
GIGABYTE R9 380 4gb G1
I overclocked it and still dont see 90C, even though the GPU is made to run between 80-90C when on full load.
I get 88C max when im in the garage in NFS heat.
Mar 2, 2021
That tempa is really good.
And yes,with a resolution increase you should see a spike in temps.
I cant tell you exactly how big the temp inncrease was, but when i moved from 1280x1024 to 1920x1080 i saw a 4-5 temp increase in gaming.

I see, 5C doesnt seem like a big price to pay for going 1080p, but I am still a bit anxious about going above 70C. Could you please tell me what gpu you are using and what temp range during intense gaming do you consider normal for it?

Reactions: Dj0gany
GIGABYTE R9 380 4gb G1
I overclocked it and still dont see 90C, even though the GPU is made to run between 80-90C when on full load.
I get 88C max when im in the garage in NFS heat.

Reactions: MelonHusk
Solution