[SOLVED] Used ryzen master and now my overclock is my default clock and I can't go back to original clock

twisterzz123456

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
I used ryzen master to overclock my cpu a few months ago and it worked fine but now I've been experiencing a few BSOD's so whilst trying to troubleshoot i found that ryzen master now thinks my original clock speed is 4.1ghz where its actually 3.6ghz and if I try changing it to a profile where its 3.6ghz clock it will only keep it until my pc is turned off which it'll then reset back to 4.1ghz. In the bios it still says its 3.6ghz so I don't know whats going on

twisterzz123456

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
There's a reset button on the Ryzen Master (top right), use it and restart computer. If that doesn't help, uninstall it and reset CMOS. That should bring everything to factory defaults.
When I press the reset button it says these are my stock settings so that doesn't work and does resetting CMOS just reset motherboard settings or factory reset my entire pc?

Sorry for late reply, I've reset CMOS by taking out the CMOS battery waiting a few seconds and put it back in and it is still at 4.1 ghz when turned on
Did you also short the two CMOS Reset pins? location is in the manual.

A 'few seconds' isn't nearly long enough without shorting the pins too.

And when you boot up and go straight into BIOS what does the screen report the processor speed is?

DigDeep

Honorable
May 11, 2014
I have same problem, cant get default setting of R5 2600 CPU. I tried everything and nothing helps.

This guy also have the same issue and after a year still didnt resolve the issue.

https://community.amd.com/thread/226086

This is some serious bug in Ryzen Master, it seems RM changes clocks and other things directly on the CPU, thats why bios flash and windows reinstall doesn help either. I have no idea why Auto setting or Stock revert doesnt work in RM.

Last edited:
I have same problem, cant get default setting of R5 2600 CPU. I tried everything and nothing helps.

This guy also have the same issue and after a year still didnt resolve the issue.

https://community.amd.com/thread/226086

This is some serious bug in Ryzen Master, it seems RM changes clocks and other things directly on the CPU, thats why bios flash and windows reinstall doesn help either. I have no idea why Auto setting or Stock revert doesnt work in RM.
Never heard of that theory and I experimented a lot. Uninstall RM in safe mode and reset CMOS both ways, using reset button/posts and by taking battery out for few minutes. It always returned me to factory state.

Reactions: DMAN999 and Mandark

DigDeep

Honorable
May 11, 2014
I did that and it doesnt help. Not even reinstallation of windows helped that guy. I think I will have to RMA cpu.

When I put RM to AUTO after restart cpu frequency is 3700mhz all cores, instead 1550mhz and 3900 max.

Last edited:

mamasan2000

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Just an aside. On my mobo, Asus prime x470- pro, in order to short out the 2 pins, I have to shutdown the system but not plug the power out of the wall in order to reset BIOS. If I pull the plug, nothing happens.
If I pull the battery, I have to leave it out for 30+ secs (but that is such a pain to get to with a GPU installed).

I suspect the guy who reinstalled Windows didn't do a clean install. Which means everything in Windows Registry gets moved over. Which is where settings for most Powerplans and Overclocking programs and tools are stored.

Only tip I can give in terms of overclocking is: Do it right, do it manually.

Just an aside. On my mobo, Asus prime x470- pro, in order to short out the 2 pins, I have to shutdown the system but not plug the power out of the wall in order to reset BIOS. If I pull the plug, nothing happens.
If I pull the battery, I have to leave it out for 30+ secs (but that is such a pain to get to with a GPU installed).

I suspect the guy who reinstalled Windows didn't do a clean install. Which means everything in Windows Registry gets moved over. Which is where settings for most Powerplans and Overclocking programs and tools are stored.

Only tip I can give in terms of overclocking is: Do it right, do it manually.
Not in my experience, power has to be right off for BIOS to reset. Such BIOS reset doesn't change time and some other settings so taking battery out while system is disconnected from power resets CMOS all the way.

DigDeep

Honorable
May 11, 2014
I even put cpu out from the socket and put it back in and it didnt help, frequency still remains changed. Minimum in idle is 2.600mhz, which should be 1550mhz. Voltage is also changed most of the time it is 1.212v in idle. People say Ryzen Master cant change cpu clock permanently but did.

mamasan2000

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Pulling CPU out doesn't do anything to UEFI settings or windows registry settings so no suprise.
Load safe defaults in UEFI. If that doesn't work, probably a CLEAN install of windows will do. Copy nothing from Windows partition over, no system files or settings. Create new login profile.

Well, from reading a bit more, the above probably won't solve anything (ignore it). Check this thread out: https://community.amd.com/thread/226086

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS