[SOLVED] Used ryzen master and now my overclock is my default clock and I can't go back to original clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisterzz123456

Commendable
Feb 10, 2018
I used ryzen master to overclock my cpu a few months ago and it worked fine but now I've been experiencing a few BSOD's so whilst trying to troubleshoot i found that ryzen master now thinks my original clock speed is 4.1ghz where its actually 3.6ghz and if I try changing it to a profile where its 3.6ghz clock it will only keep it until my pc is turned off which it'll then reset back to 4.1ghz. In the bios it still says its 3.6ghz so I don't know whats going on

Solution
Are you using AMD Ryzen Balanced Power plan in windows ? Or any power plan beside performance ? Each one can be set to have minimum CPU, should be set to some low value like 5%.

twisterzz123456

Commendable
Feb 10, 2018
There's a reset button on the Ryzen Master (top right), use it and restart computer. If that doesn't help, uninstall it and reset CMOS. That should bring everything to factory defaults.
When I press the reset button it says these are my stock settings so that doesn't work and does resetting CMOS just reset motherboard settings or factory reset my entire pc?

Sorry for late reply, I've reset CMOS by taking out the CMOS battery waiting a few seconds and put it back in and it is still at 4.1 ghz when turned on

Did you also short the two CMOS Reset pins? location is in the manual.

A 'few seconds' isn't nearly long enough without shorting the pins too.

And when you boot up and go straight into BIOS what does the screen report the processor speed is?

DigDeep

Distinguished
May 11, 2014
I have same problem, cant get default setting of R5 2600 CPU. I tried everything and nothing helps.

This guy also have the same issue and after a year still didnt resolve the issue.

https://community.amd.com/thread/226086

This is some serious bug in Ryzen Master, it seems RM changes clocks and other things directly on the CPU, thats why bios flash and windows reinstall doesn help either. I have no idea why Auto setting or Stock revert doesnt work in RM.

Last edited:
I have same problem, cant get default setting of R5 2600 CPU. I tried everything and nothing helps.

This guy also have the same issue and after a year still didnt resolve the issue.

https://community.amd.com/thread/226086

This is some serious bug in Ryzen Master, it seems RM changes clocks and other things directly on the CPU, thats why bios flash and windows reinstall doesn help either. I have no idea why Auto setting or Stock revert doesnt work in RM.
Never heard of that theory and I experimented a lot. Uninstall RM in safe mode and reset CMOS both ways, using reset button/posts and by taking battery out for few minutes. It always returned me to factory state.

DigDeep

Distinguished
May 11, 2014
I did that and it doesnt help. Not even reinstallation of windows helped that guy. I think I will have to RMA cpu.

When I put RM to AUTO after restart cpu frequency is 3700mhz all cores, instead 1550mhz and 3900 max.

Last edited:

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Just an aside. On my mobo, Asus prime x470- pro, in order to short out the 2 pins, I have to shutdown the system but not plug the power out of the wall in order to reset BIOS. If I pull the plug, nothing happens.
If I pull the battery, I have to leave it out for 30+ secs (but that is such a pain to get to with a GPU installed).

I suspect the guy who reinstalled Windows didn't do a clean install. Which means everything in Windows Registry gets moved over. Which is where settings for most Powerplans and Overclocking programs and tools are stored.

Only tip I can give in terms of overclocking is: Do it right, do it manually.

Just an aside. On my mobo, Asus prime x470- pro, in order to short out the 2 pins, I have to shutdown the system but not plug the power out of the wall in order to reset BIOS. If I pull the plug, nothing happens.
If I pull the battery, I have to leave it out for 30+ secs (but that is such a pain to get to with a GPU installed).

I suspect the guy who reinstalled Windows didn't do a clean install. Which means everything in Windows Registry gets moved over. Which is where settings for most Powerplans and Overclocking programs and tools are stored.

Only tip I can give in terms of overclocking is: Do it right, do it manually.
Not in my experience, power has to be right off for BIOS to reset. Such BIOS reset doesn't change time and some other settings so taking battery out while system is disconnected from power resets CMOS all the way.

DigDeep

Distinguished
May 11, 2014
I even put cpu out from the socket and put it back in and it didnt help, frequency still remains changed. Minimum in idle is 2.600mhz, which should be 1550mhz. Voltage is also changed most of the time it is 1.212v in idle. People say Ryzen Master cant change cpu clock permanently but did.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Pulling CPU out doesn't do anything to UEFI settings or windows registry settings so no suprise.
Load safe defaults in UEFI. If that doesn't work, probably a CLEAN install of windows will do. Copy nothing from Windows partition over, no system files or settings. Create new login profile.

Well, from reading a bit more, the above probably won't solve anything (ignore it). Check this thread out: https://community.amd.com/thread/226086

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020
Fresh Windows installation fix issue.
Bro can you help me please I’m new to pc and I used Ryzen master. My default clock is 3.60 ghz and I tried overclocking. I set it to 4.00 ghz and now it’s permanently like that. In bios my default says 3.60 but when I turn on my pc and I’m in . In task manager it says 4.0 ghz . I’ve reset and uninstalled Ryzen master and it doesn’t change. When I reset in Ryzen master it does reset but then goes back to 4.00 ghz after I turn off my system and turn it back on .. what do I do. Please reply

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
ryzen master is a software based progrmame. all you have to do is "uninstall" the programme. and reboot pc and it will reset the processor back to default. ..

ryzen master only changes the cpu clocks. once it boots into window. its not done at the bios hardware level. . so once uninstalled. its not their to make the changes. .. i know this from past experience. and this has worked for me 3 times without fail. . you could also uninstall ryzen master and then when powered of. clear cmos( short pin for 10 seconds,) just to make sure.

Oct 5, 2020
ryzen master is a software based progrmame. all you have to do is "uninstall" the programme. and reboot pc and it will reset the processor back to default. ..

ryzen master only changes the cpu clocks. once it boots into window. its not done at the bios hardware level. . so once uninstalled. its not their to make the changes. .. i know this from past experience. and this has worked for me 3 times without fail. . you could also uninstall ryzen master and then when powered of. clear cmos( short pin for 10 seconds,) just to make sure.
I’ve uninstalled ryzen master and on task manager when I boot up system it still stays 4.00 ghz. I ended up installing ryzen master again to try to reset it and it would .. it would go back to 3.60 ghz until I shut down my pc and turn it back on. Then it’ll be back at 4.00 ghz. Also on bios it says my cpu voltage is at 1.4 is that normal?? I ended up giving up cuz idk what to do.. Ryzen master is currently uninstalled. What do I do? If I don’t do anything and jus leave it at that.. will it harm my system? I tried playing warzone wit the 4.0 ghz and it crashed on me. Something is definitely wrong :/ this is so stressful. I’m only 16 and Idk what I’m doing

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
hi
when you uninstalled ryzen master, did you rest your cmos (power of pc, and open case and short the cmos pins(for 10 seconds.) this should have reset bios. .
yes 1.4v is average. it will go up and down(in auto) ..
when in bios. make sure that in "overclocking " section. make sure its all set to auto (this will happen automatically if you reset CMOS). . then boot into window s. install ryzen master again. and click on "creator mode." and make sure "auto" is highlighted" ,click test and apply at top of programme.. this should reset it back to auto, how it was before(by default). reboot and check..

Ralston18

Titan
@Jeffrey323 and @steveb1976.

You have revived an old thread that has already been solved.

Not a problem per se; however, reviving an old thread can lead to later confusion especially if the root problem and/or solutions are different.

If the above actions/suggestions do not resolve the issue then @Jeffrey322 should start a new thread in the Overclocking Category.

Restate the problem and include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Closing thread accordingly.

Reactions: steveb1976
Status
Not open for further replies.