Users Complain Abount Buggy Windows 7 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
It updated just fine on my desktop but I am having problems on my laptop... You can't keep having buggy updates Microsoft :\

G

[citation][nom]renami9[/nom]may i complain ABOUNT a buggy article title?[/citation]
I lawled.

andrewpmathias

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]john5246[/nom]It also ruins the windows 7 activation crack! Be cautious![/citation]

Good! I hope it did. Ass. Quit pirating software because your too cheap to buy a legit version.

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
The issues, which apparently result in Windows PCs that refuse to boot and display the error message 0xC0000034.

Am I the only one that finds the first sentence to be terrible in terms of syntax? This article screams for a proofread, just look at the title!

Come on Tom's, you're better than this.

The problem is they hire people that don't speak a word of English, because its cheaper this way and the result is bad grammar, horrible spelling and articles that are way later then most other tech sites. Toms is going down the tubes.

As for Windows 7 bug I have 3 desktops and one laptop running it with no issues. I do have a tiny issue with my DVD Drive failing to burn DVDs, but I think that might be the drive itself although it did work fine before the update... Most likely unrelated though.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Updated 2 out of 5 windows 7 machines in the house (the rest run xp or ubuntu).[/citation]

So, 3 out of your 5 "Windows 7 machines" are actually running Windows XP or Ubuntu? So, then they are NOT "Windows 7 machines" right? Or was your statemnet correct and you are just trying to show off that you have more than 5 computers at home?? :þ

[citation][nom]mottamort[/nom]Come on Tom's, you're better than this.[/citation]
Haven't you figured it out yet after all the "typos" in most of the articles on tomshardware lately? Proof reading and hiring editors is not a priority for toms anymore (perhaps the recession is to blame). I discovered tomshardware about 8 years ago and I can tell you it wasn't always like this.
In conclusion, Tom's used to be better than this.. times are changing..

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
this is why i always clone my main hdd and only do ofline updates

seriously, people need to be taught to minimise risks and there are laods of programs out there that can help,
norton ghost and i cant remember the free oes

1tb hdd's cost less than £50 now so there is no excuse, it is so simple to install ghost then burn the bootable cd then use that and click on backup pc

then if pc breaks do the same but click on restore instead, some people just bring it on themselfs, its the same thing that would happen if they had a powercut during an update

ranyunsu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
[citation][nom]andrewpmathias[/nom]Good! I hope it did. Ass. Quit pirating software because your too cheap to buy a legit version.[/citation]

Oh yeah i bought my windows 7 pro (retail) directly from microsoft and they now blocked my key because they said i installed it to many times. as far as im concerned i can install it as many times as i damm well please as long as it is not on more than one computer at a time but not according to microsoft so hell with them i am using the crack on all my computers now microsoft can kiss my ass i have never stole a thing from them but thats how they treat me. oh i for got they offered to sell my another license for a very fair and reasonable $150 bones. they can kiss my ass! so please do not jump to conclusions why people are bypassing the W-A-T!

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
you mean becasue you activated your win7 pro (same as me) that they blacklisted your key and are trying to get you to buy another?

this is one of those cases where the cracks help legit users

dosnt it say in there terms and condition that you buy a license for "1 computer" it dosnt say for example 3 installs of it

if this is the case mate, take them to court

ranyunsu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
[citation][nom]shanky887614[/nom]you mean becasue you activated your win7 pro (same as me) that they blacklisted your key and are trying to get you to buy another?this is one of those cases where the cracks help legit usersdosnt it say in there terms and condition that you buy a license for "1 computer" it dosnt say for example 3 installs of itif this is the case mate, take them to court[/citation]
if i had the money to get a lawyer i would sue the hell out of them for the sake of us honest guys! i was on the phone with microsoft and according to them the activation server decides who gets their keys blocked there is not a set number of times you can activate it is just up to the damm activation computer when it wants to pull the plug on my computer! so hell with them like i told the microsoft rep i am going to bypass the activation and keep using the software i paid for i told her she could tell the FBI the police and even her momma i dont care!

ranyunsu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
[citation][nom]shanky887614[/nom]you mean becasue you activated your win7 pro (same as me) that they blacklisted your key and are trying to get you to buy another?this is one of those cases where the cracks help legit usersdosnt it say in there terms and condition that you buy a license for "1 computer" it dosnt say for example 3 installs of itif this is the case mate, take them to court[/citation]
oh forgot to mention the final nail in my activation coffin was because my mobo got recalled by intel and i had to switch mobos so becareful brother!

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
updated my own laptop and 5 other laptops for family and friends...

no problems at all...

but I used Windows Update to patch to SP1...

[citation][nom]ranyunsu[/nom]Oh yeah i bought my windows 7 pro (retail) directly from microsoft and they now blocked my key because they said i installed it to many times. as far as im concerned i can install it as many times as i damm well please as long as it is not on more than one computer at a time but not according to microsoft so hell with them i am using the crack on all my computers now microsoft can kiss my ass i have never stole a thing from them but thats how they treat me. oh i for got they offered to sell my another license for a very fair and reasonable $150 bones. they can kiss my ass! so please do not jump to conclusions why people are bypassing the W-A-T![/citation]

if you read EULA (not that 99.99999999928% of the people do), it does say it's for one PC per person...

you should have been smart and activated Win 7 via telephone instead of automatic internet activation...

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I always run a check-disk on all drives, to ensure a good working file system, before applying any major updates. Upgraded more than 10 PCs, with no issues whatsoever.

ranyunsu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
umm one pc and one person (me) is all i ever used it with. i just like to reinstall my OS often, why? dont ask, why do people like to pick their nose? i dont care because its none of my damm business and it is none of microsofts damm business that i installed my os a ton of times after i paid them for the right to use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.