[SOLVED] Using 3 monitor and single monitor, single gpu, for different games

Aug 28, 2020
Hey Peeps,
First post ever. I've tried looking for the solution for this online without success. I was wondering if its possible to have two different monitor setups (single and triple) for different games. I want to use the triple setup(3x1080) for driving games, music production, minecraft, etc. Currently, this setup has a car seat and pedal and wheel setup. I also wanted to have a different setup with a single monitor(1440) at a different desk with a normal chair to play FPS. Is this possible? I currently have a 980ti with 4 monitor outputs, so I think it would be. Of course, I wouldnt be using both setups at the same time, so I guess I'm just wondering if I'm able to assign the games to each setup. Has anyone done this??

Solution
I have not done that.
But, a single monitor game should start on the primary monitor.
You can change which of your 4 monitors are considered primary.
You do this in windows display settings.
That would be a manual procedure.
If you want that automated, perhaps adding a front end process to change to the appropriate setup could be added to the game startup link.
I have not done that.
But, a single monitor game should start on the primary monitor.
You can change which of your 4 monitors are considered primary.
You do this in windows display settings.
That would be a manual procedure.
If you want that automated, perhaps adding a front end process to change to the appropriate setup could be added to the game startup link.

Reactions: Lion_San
Solution

wgulker

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020
This is exactly how I have my system configured. I have an RTX 2070 . My triple screen (running in surround) sim racing rig is connected to the 3 display port connectors and my photo editing display at a separate desk is connected to one of the HDMI ports. I use the "windows key"-"P" hotkey to swap between the primary (photo desk) and secondary (sim rig surround) display. Works perfectly.