Question Using 3200mhz XMP with my 3200mhz ram gives me BSOD

Sep 26, 2021
Hello people, first time posting here although i've been a lurker for years.
I built a rig a couple of months ago using the following components:
Intel i5-11400f
Patriot Steel Viper CL16 3200mhz (2x8 sticks)
Aorus Pro AX B560m Motherboard

When i boot into BIOS, my default ram speed profile is set to 2660mhz, which works just fine without any BSODs or random crashes.
However, when i use the default XMP 3200mhz profile i run into frequent BSODs and also my memtest made using windows fails (it doesn't when using the default profile)
Is there anything i can do to be able to use my ram in 3200mhz? I'm fairly new to pc building, since this is the first ddr4 rig i have. i'm moving from a really old 4gb 1333hz rig, lol.

Intel i5-11400f

When i boot into BIOS, my default ram speed profile is set to 2660mhz, which works just fine without any BSODs or random crashes.
However, when i use the default XMP 3200mhz profile i run into frequent BSODs and also my memtest made using windows fails (it doesn't when using the default profile)
Is there anything i can do to be able to use my ram in 3200mhz? I'm fairly new to pc building, since this is the first ddr4 rig i have. i'm moving from a really old 4gb 1333hz rig, lol.
what are the full specs in details?

Sep 26, 2021
what are the full specs in details?
Processor: Intel i5-11400f (base voltage and clock, just in case)
Memory: Patriot Steel Viper CL16 3200mhz 2x8
Mobo: B560M Aorus Pro AX
PSU: ASUS TUF GAMING 650w 80+ Bronze
Graphics: Geforce GTX 1660 Super
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
Doubt you need to know about my case too lol, but it's a lancool 215.

Intel i5-11400f

Go to the mobo site and get the latest bios/chipset/management driver...test.

Were these 2 sticks of ram bought as a kit or 2 separate sticks?

Both Motherboard and CPU support 3200Mhz so it may be your XMP profile is not working.
If you go into CPUz you will see your SPD values for Timings and recommended Dram Voltage. Copy these values and enter them in Bios for Timings and Voltage.

You may just need to increase Dram Voltage slightly (Increase in .01 steps then check to see if the system boots. (Do not exceed 1.4v)
Try changing the command rate from 1-2.

If still not booting then run Memtest86 from a USB for 4 passes and if any errors whatsoever then RMA the full kit.

Ensure your Bios and chipset are up to date.

Nov 7, 2021
A little late but I will share my story.
I have 2 DDR 3200mhz from my old rig (a Ryzen) and now I have a i5 11400 with B560M DS3H and I can't set for 3200 MHZ. It is stuck on 2400mhz more than that my PC won't boot.
I realized that my motherboard has a compatible memory list and my memory is not there! Maybe because of that.. I'm furious because my memory is not bad and is a good brand!
My DDR4 is from Team Group!

A little late but I will share my story.
I have 2 DDR 3200mhz from my old rig (a Ryzen) and now I have a i5 11400 with B560M DS3H and I can't set for 3200 MHZ. It is stuck on 2400mhz more than that my PC won't boot.
I realized that my motherboard has a compatible memory list and my memory is not there! Maybe because of that.. I'm furious because my memory is not bad and is a good brand!
My DDR4 is from Team Group!

B560M DS3H motherboards with 10th Generation Intel Core i5/ processors officially support DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules. It maybe the limitations of your MB and Bios will not except 3200Mhz.

Your CPU supports 3200Mhz however you may need to update your Bios for any micro coding adjustments that may have been made since the last Bios update.
Update the chipset driver too.

Did you check to see if there is an XMP profile?
If there is and XMP doesn't work then try manually tweaking the Timings and Dram Voltage. Also try a command rate of 2 instead of 1.

Nov 7, 2021
B560M DS3H motherboards with 10th Generation Intel Core i5/ processors officially support DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules. It maybe the limitations of your MB and Bios will not except 3200Mhz.

Your CPU supports 3200Mhz however you may need to update your Bios for any micro coding adjustments that may have been made since the last Bios update.
Update the chipset driver too.

Did you check to see if there is an XMP profile?
If there is and XMP doesn't work then try manually tweaking the Timings and Dram Voltage. Also try a command rate of 2 instead of 1.

My MB supports 4600mhz on XMP
I have the lastest BIOS

The only thing is that my memory is not listed on supported memory

Before that I had an ryzen 5 with XMP on 3200mhz

Thank you anyway!