[SOLVED] using a 3rd screen

scaretactics.wicked

Commendable
May 10, 2018
I have a 2080 super with 2 display ports and 1 hdmi. im using 1 hdmi and 1 display port. i want to use a 3rd monitor but it only has a hdmi input and my gpu has a display port left over. do i need to get a display port to hdmi or a hdmi splitter and connect both hdmi on the same port for each monitor to have their own screen and not mirroring ? another questtion aside from the am i able to connect the hdmi cable to the motherboards hdmi port and that would work? i havnt tried it. any feed back is appreciated. thank you

Solution
Get a DisplayPort to HDMI cable. If the monitor is 4K or 144hz you'll need an Active DisplayPort to HDMI cable. They cost more.

If your computer has integrated graphics. You likely can use the motherboard connector. But you'll likely need to go into the BIOS and set Integrated Graphics to always on. This will also use some RAM.
Get a DisplayPort to HDMI cable. If the monitor is 4K or 144hz you'll need an Active DisplayPort to HDMI cable. They cost more.

If your computer has integrated graphics. You likely can use the motherboard connector. But you'll likely need to go into the BIOS and set Integrated Graphics to always on. This will also use some RAM.

Solution