[SOLVED] Using a network only for a specified program and another one for whole pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2023
I've started streaming and I've 2 internet connection, one of them gives me low speed but with a good ping (Router) and another one gives me high upload speed with a bad ping (LTE).
I want to use Router connection for whole pc and the LTE network for only OBS Studio (streaming), is there any way?
Btw i know OBS Studio has a option for that, when I use that option my games and apps use the LTE network too.

Solution
You are going to know much more about networking by the time you learn how the route command works :). This is not hard but it is not exactly straight forward either.

So with both connection active on your pc at the same time start with the ROUTE print command.

You should see 2 different 0.0.0.0 routes. You need to use the ROUTE delete command to remove the one that is going to the LTE connection. Be sure to keep track of what the gateway IP it shows for that network.

So now you have both networks connected but all traffic is using the main lan connection.

You now must get lists of IP addresses that OBS is using. If it is actually Aparat.com just do a nslookup command to get that IP. Otherwise when OBS is running...
There was a app called forcebindip but it tends to be very flaky, Microsoft constantly breaks it with patches. It also is tricky to get to work because programs many times have multiple processes now days.

Another method will work if OBS is talking to different server/ip addresses on the internet than the other software. What you can do is use the ROUTE command to point certain addresses to the secondary internet connection and let everything else use the default router.

The first step though is to combine the 2 internet connections, you can use 2 different physical interfaces on your machine but you must remove the defualt router from the secondary one. To use a single interface what you do is change your secondary router to the same lan subnet and assign it a non conflicting ip.
So if you main router is 192.168.0.1 assign the second router maybe 192.168.0.2. Turn off the DHCP server in the secondary router. Now plug a cable between the 2 lan port of the router. You now have both routers on the same network but only the primary does anything by default.
You would then use the ROUTE command to send the traffic to certain IP addresses to 192.168.0.2 everything else would use 192.168.0.1.

Reactions: norcalsc
Jan 5, 2023
There was a app called forcebindip but it tends to be very flaky, Microsoft constantly breaks it with patches. It also is tricky to get to work because programs many times have multiple processes now days.

Another method will work if OBS is talking to different server/ip addresses on the internet than the other software. What you can do is use the ROUTE command to point certain addresses to the secondary internet connection and let everything else use the default router.

The first step though is to combine the 2 internet connections, you can use 2 different physical interfaces on your machine but you must remove the defualt router from the secondary one. To use a single interface what you do is change your secondary router to the same lan subnet and assign it a non conflicting ip.
So if you main router is 192.168.0.1 assign the second router maybe 192.168.0.2. Turn off the DHCP server in the secondary router. Now plug a cable between the 2 lan port of the router. You now have both routers on the same network but only the primary does anything by default.
You would then use the ROUTE command to send the traffic to certain IP addresses to 192.168.0.2 everything else would use 192.168.0.1.
Yes OBS is using Aparat.com servers to upload data which its a "different server/ip", you explained a little complicated I'm really confused, I don't have 2 Lan connections, my main network which its gonna used by whole pc is Lan cable connection to the motherboard (Router) and another one (LTE) is a Phone shared internet which its connected to my pc via a Lightning USB Cable.
Do you need any other information such as IP or ...? because the phones internet does not starts with 192.168
btw I don't have any information about networking, the most complicated work I've done up to today is sharing a folder between 2 computers via a lan cable.

You are going to know much more about networking by the time you learn how the route command works :). This is not hard but it is not exactly straight forward either.

So with both connection active on your pc at the same time start with the ROUTE print command.

You should see 2 different 0.0.0.0 routes. You need to use the ROUTE delete command to remove the one that is going to the LTE connection. Be sure to keep track of what the gateway IP it shows for that network.

So now you have both networks connected but all traffic is using the main lan connection.

You now must get lists of IP addresses that OBS is using. If it is actually Aparat.com just do a nslookup command to get that IP. Otherwise when OBS is running watch what IP it has open using the network nat in the resource manager.

After you get a list of IP use the route command to add them. Say x.x.x.x is the ip of the remote server and y.y.y.y is the gateway IP your LTE connection uses.

ROUTE add x.x.x.x mask 255.255.255.255 y.y.y.y

Reactions: Sinawxii69
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.