[SOLVED] Using Intel Optane with multiple HDDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2019
I'm using 1 ssd for OS and 3 more HDDs for storage including games so should I buy Optane to boost the reading capacity of those 3 slow HDDs?

Solution
If you are already using an SSD for the OS, I'd forgo the goofy/too small Optane options, any of which are, in my opinion, a waste of an otherwise valuable M.2 NVME slot. Stuff in an Intel 660P in there for only~$195 for 2 TB, and ditch 2 of the 3 spinners altogether, reserving the last spinning drive's use for rarely accessed clown photos, etc.. ? :)
D

Deleted member 14196

How much ram do you have. PrimoCache software is excellent at caching drives. Not expensive either and it’s software. It’s been proven to be more effective than that stupid optane

If you have lots of RAM at least 16 GB then you could run a cash in your memory

Oct 16, 2019
How much ram do you have. PrimoCache software is excellent at caching drives. Not expensive either and it’s software. It’s been proven to be more effective than that stupid optane
Thanks for quick reply. I'm using only 16gig of ram and that's not so many ( I think) to put any "cache" on ram. I thought PrimoCache only cache small amount of data and Optane has bigger cache memory

If you are already using an SSD for the OS, I'd forgo the goofy/too small Optane options, any of which are, in my opinion, a waste of an otherwise valuable M.2 NVME slot. Stuff in an Intel 660P in there for only~$195 for 2 TB, and ditch 2 of the 3 spinners altogether, reserving the last spinning drive's use for rarely accessed clown photos, etc.. ? :)

Reactions: USAFRet
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.