Using Phone for Pc internet

_Vault_Dweller_

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
What I would like to do is turn on mobile data on my Google pixel and plug in the phone to my pc and use the phone's data to power the pc's connection. Now I'm not talking about a hotspot or tethering. I want to use the phone's cellular data for a connection. The reason I want to do this is that verizon limits my mobile hotspot data but not the cellular 4g. Any help is MUCH appreciated

Solution
Tethering/hotspot does your the cellular data. It's the same thing. Tethering/hotspot is just the name of how you are using the data to use on your pc. The difference is just how they track data and it can't be bypassed because of how they track data. You are stuck with the limit if you want to use verizon.

mgallo848

Commendable
Tethering is allowed with Verizon. You can plug in your phone to your PC and use your Verizon data as long as you have the proper Data plan with them. If you're in the US, you can view them here:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/

Tethering/hotspot does your the cellular data. It's the same thing. Tethering/hotspot is just the name of how you are using the data to use on your pc. The difference is just how they track data and it can't be bypassed because of how they track data. You are stuck with the limit if you want to use verizon.

Solution

RealBeast

Titan
Yup, tethering uses your mobile data. In the old days of unlimited data Verizon added a $20 a month additional charge per device until they basically did away with unlimited data by throttling.

You only have three choices. Hotspot, bluetooth tether, and the best for power and speed -- USB tethering.