[SOLVED] Using the logitech z906 without the console

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwaggyLukas

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Hello, so i just found a deal on the logitech z906 and i was wondering if its worth buying just the sub on its own without the speakers and the center control console? I cant seem to find an answer if i will be able to hook up the sub to my pc without the console. Thanks :D

Solution
Hello, so i just found a deal on the logitech z906 and i was wondering if its worth buying just the sub on its own without the speakers and the center control console? I cant seem to find an answer if i will be able to hook up the sub to my pc without the console. Thanks :D

Someone is just selling the sub to that set or are you going to just try to buy the sub from it? It's very odd that someone would only sell the sub, unless of course something was broken on the other parts. You have other speakers to use with it? The sub has no power button on it from what I can see, it's controlled from the pod.

I would just buy a 2.1 setup with everything working...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Control pod controls various functions from stereo/surround output, headphones and amplifier volume to speakers. The pod is there for a reason and without it, the sub is left to the PC's software audio levels. It might be ok but bulk of the amplification will be missing. I wouldn't bother.

SwaggyLukas

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Control pod controls various functions from stereo/surround output, headphones and amplifier volume to speakers. The pod is there for a reason and without it, the sub is left to the PC's software audio levels. It might be ok but bulk of the amplification will be missing. I wouldn't bother.
You really think so? I just looked at it and i think that the sub has the rca in ports and the amp is built in so would it really cut down on the amplification if i just plugged in straight to my pc?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You really think so? I just looked at it and i think that the sub has the rca in ports and the amp is built in so would it really cut down on the amplification if i just plugged in straight to my pc?

Im aware the sub has amplifier built in as all pc sub speaker sets do. I'm saying without the control pod, there is no additional gain volume which the pod controls. As i said it might be ok but it's not something I'd risk without the control pod.

Someone is just selling the sub to that set or are you going to just try to buy the sub from it? It's very odd that someone would only sell the sub, unless of course something was broken on the other parts. You have other speakers to use with it? The sub has no power button on it from what I can see, it's controlled from the pod.

I would just buy a 2.1 setup with everything working https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProM...rowse-bin:2883362011&s=pc&sr=1-5&ts_id=172471 or even cheaper and pretty much the identical speakers as the Z906 but in 2.1 form https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z62...9RYC8047PX5&psc=1&refRID=BY4VTK4FB9RYC8047PX5

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS