[SOLVED] Using two different ram with different in frequency

Jan 13, 2019
I am using two different ram ddr4 1 of 2133mhz and other is 2400mhz both of different frequency they not computing with each other, ram memory shows 4gb only only in task manager instead of 8gb , how could I do to ?,buy overclocking 2133mhz to 2400mhz or underclocking 2400 to 2133 can I use them together ? Without any problem ?
My spec of desk:-
Motherboard:- gigabyte h110m-s2,
Processor:-intel i3 6th gen
Ram:- 1)Kingston ddr4 4gb 2133mhz {already bought with motherboard}
2)corsair ddr4 4gb 2400mhz{new to upgrade it to 8gb}

How can I use them together to upgrade it to 8gb ????Plz help !

Reactions: Soumorckz

compprob237

Distinguished
I am using two different ram ddr4 1 of 2133mhz and other is 2400mhz both of different frequency they not computing with each other, ram memory shows 4gb only only in task manager instead of 8gb , how could I do to ?,buy overclocking 2133mhz to 2400mhz or underclocking 2400 to 2133 can I use them together ? Without any problem ?
My spec of desk:-
Motherboard:- gigabyte h110m-s2,
Processor:-intel i3 6th gen
Ram:- 1)Kingston ddr4 4gb 2133mhz {already bought with motherboard}
2)corsair ddr4 4gb 2400mhz{new to upgrade it to 8gb}

How can I use them together to upgrade it to 8gb ????Plz help !
The motherboard should be automatically setting the RAM to run at the speed both sticks can operate at. According to Intel's documentation on multi-channel RAM configurations the only real requirement is that the RAM is the same type (obviously), are within the size capability of the motherboard, and are compatible with the motherboard. Corsair's sticks are usually highly compatible so I doubt it isn't compatible.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/mixing-ram-will-it-work.2965108/post-20891552

It appears that one of the sticks isn't being detected or activated for some reason.

Do both sticks show in the System Information of BIOS? I don't know specifically where this is for your motherboard but there should be somewhere that at least tells you how much RAM is installed.
Have you tried booting from only one stick and then swapping to the other? You will usually put that single stick into the 2nd slot from the CPU (most common).
Can you post the model numbers for those two RAM sticks?
Have you tried resetting BIOS, loading defaults, or resetting CMOS/ClearRTC? Sometimes your BIOS acts strange until this is done. It's uncommon but it does happen periodically.

@MeanMachine41
I have anecdotal examples but I know from many dozens of computers I've personally worked on that mix-n-match works 100% of the time unless the motherboard refuses to work with the stick itself. My signature PC, called "Gramps", has three different models of ram, three different densities (dual vs single rank), two different sizes (8GB & 2GB), two different speeds (1333 and 1600), and from 4 different kits but yet runs full triple channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringerOfTea