Question Using USB-C Hub HDMI output on an USB port on PC and compatible systems

Nov 15, 2023
I have an USB-C Hub with HDMI output that works well in the compatible Tablets and Notebooks with USB-C ports, but when I try to use on a USB port in the same compatible notebook (with and USB 3.0 - USB-C adaptor and power supply for the USB-C hub), neither in my PC with USB port .

I want to understand why USB-C port can be used to this and the common USB port no, since other functions of the USB hub works welll (Card reader, USB ports, network).

It is the USB-C standard have some special function? I know that there is USB hubs with hdmi output from the same brand (UGREEN, that is not helping at all to solve the doubut), so I thought it would works.

Thanks for attention.

Nov 15, 2023
Thanks for answer, but I was not clear enough. I mean some special video function with a USB-C/HDMI connection that that couldn't work in a USB/HDMI connection, since there is USB/HDMI adaptors that works welll, I can't understand where is the limitation that can't make the USB-C Hub work with an USB-C/USB3.0 adaptor.