VAC Bans on MW2 and MW3?

ExiledFX

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I have a VAC ban on both games and now I can't connect to the online service. I don't know if that is suppose to happen or what but if it is that is very stupid because I didn't do anything to get banned and then they take my online privileges away? Someone help me make sense of this please.

Solution
If you join a modded lobby in MW2 or MW3 even by accident you still could possibly receive a VAC but, from what I understand you should still be allowed to play I've seen several people with VAC's on MW2 playing since joining a modded lobby happens more than it should
You obviously had to do something to trigger Valve Anti-Cheat, the system is very thorough and rarely makes mistakes.
If you truly think you didnt do anything to cause it (again, I doubt it) then contact Valve on the matter. There is nothing we can do.

Scroll down about half way here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385172
"If you believe you have been banned for an unjust reason then you must raise the issue with Steam support. Details on how to contact Steam support may be found below."

If you are sure you never cheated in anyway, or used a trainer while the game was running in multiplayer mode, or any kind of hack for each of the games you got banned from playing online.

Then I would say either it is someone who you know that is close to you, that had, access to your steam account information and sign in.

And used a hack with one of your games to cause you to be banned.

Or you have leaked your user name and sign in password for steam, that a hacker has got hold of.
Then ran the game in question with hacks running while playing online multiplayer sessions.

ExiledFX

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

I hear of the VAC system always messing up but would this VAC ban be the cause of not being able to play online?

ExiledFX

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

It basically says it can't connect and it's a call of duty pc thing since everyone wants to hack on it but steam says that any one that doesn't have any illegal programs or such won't be effected. I don't know though I've gotten into to those lobbies before and this happens.

toot12311

Reputable
May 28, 2015
If you join a modded lobby in MW2 or MW3 even by accident you still could possibly receive a VAC but, from what I understand you should still be allowed to play I've seen several people with VAC's on MW2 playing since joining a modded lobby happens more than it should

Solution