Value/Speed

G

Hi im looking 4 a graphics card 4 my new powerbox and I was wondering if a Gforce2 ULTRA (how many MB?)will do?? And if it does plz recommend a few.
Thx,
NeXuZ

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
geforce 2 ultra is currently the best for lower resolutions... geforce 3 is better for higher resolutions so itd be better and as youre building a powerbox... you should have a fairly large budget... so geforce 3 would be affordable...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

G

Hi and thank you 4 your help...
The reason why im putting 2gether an "old" powerbox is because of the current value of the parts. They are alot lower priced now 'cause they are not state of the art parts anymore. But the powerbox is still pretty powerful...wont u say?
SO WHAT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IS;
he recommends a Geforce 2 ULTRA but is that most preformance 4 the money or what do you think?? And should I get the 64 mb or the 32 mb (I want it with TV-in/out and TV-tuner). And whats best GTS or ULTRA or GTS Pro...or...
NeXuZ

G

GeForce 2 Ultra 64 MB is the best. Yes, you can get them with TV-In/Out. TV-Tuner...I have no idea.

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
It sounds as if you want the features of the Radeon AIW. I have had this particular board for about a month and after the hastle of getting it to work with my machine ( a chipsett driver issue, not an ATI issue) It works great. Also, it has the TV tuner, you can pause live TV, has great DVD playback, easy to record MPEG 2 files, and so far, works great with the games I play (Age of Empires 2 Expansion, Test Drive 6) I have not had the chance to buy more games, or play them for that matter but it is a huge preformance increase over me AIW Pro 8mb PCI.

If it works for you then don't fix it.