[SOLVED] Vega 64 making weird noise and freezing when benchmarking. PLEASE HELP!!

Nov 28, 2019
So, games used to run super smoothly on my Vega 64, and modern warfare would run at 100+ FPS. But after downloading some drivers and updating my bios because windows loaded pretty slow. After doing all of this, Windows loaded in a lot faster than before. But for some reason it had a drawback and I couldn’t figure out why playing modern warfare the game couldn’t render anything as it used to anymore. So I immediately reverted my bios and reinstalled windows. My games got corrupted so I instead tried to benchmark and I got some very weird results. The first couple of time of benchmarking it worked, giving me an outstanding rating for my GPU and CPU saying the CPU ran more than expected and my GPU ran as expected, but my RAM and SSD were underperforming. So I dropped from 32 GB to 16 GB RAM. I also ordered a new drive, which is an SSHD 2TB. So I thought everything would be fine until I wanted to test again to see if my benchmark score can improve... “spoiler” it did not improve at all... I ran the benchmark, cpu did good at testing and when it got to the part where the GPU was being tested I heard a weird noise coming from my computer(still can’t figure out where the noise is coming from) it was almost like a long click noise, it clicked once or twice, for the duration of each benchmark screen, then my windows freezes and the benchmark stops continuing. I also noticed that the fans don’t spin on the GPU while going through the benchmark, keep in mind that those fans used to spin when it was working. I have to end up hard restarting it completely. I’ve heard it’s called coil whining, but it’s not that loud at all. It’s just a low pitch noise and bam the benchmark immediately stops and then windows freezes. All my antivirus and firewall is off as well. I have literally tried everything except replacing the parts. I don’t know if it’s the GPU at all because it’s brand new and was working fine before. But anyway, I stripped my computer down to its core and rebuilt it back up and still same issue. I also heard that it’s the PSU, but i do not know if it is because those people aren’t going through the exact same issue as me. I’m using a 750W EVGA PSU, the part number is 100-N1-0750. I should probably also mention that I have one Cable that has two pcie 2/6 that are all on one cable, people said that’s one of the issues, but my psu is not modular and you can’t replace the cables. I will also post my specs. Please someone help me with this issue, I just got the GPU brand new and I’m scared that I messed up.

Specs:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE: X470 ultra gaming
CPU: Ryzen 2700x
GPU: GIGABYTE RADEON RX VEGA 64 OC 8GB
RAM: Corsair vengeance 2x, 2x8GB
SSD: XPG SX6000 LITE
PSU: EVGA 750W 100N10750

Solution
check temperatures of CPU and GPU under stress

run 3dmark basic edition , click on compare result online after that and post the address from your upcoming browser
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5775-3dmark.html

reset the BIOS by the clrCMOS jumper (read manual of the motherboard how to)

check the card in a different system if possible

check with a different and better power supply