Verizon Scores Apple iPad Deal, On Sale in 2 Wks

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
i still dont see why apple have been so restrictive with what service their devices use. All though it is a clear advantage for AT&T to have such a popular device strictly for themselves.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]disloyal[/nom]Guess ATT should be scared....[/citation]

Possibly yes, but what I am hoping is that they pull their act together and put more time and money into their network. Good for all.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Oh boy, the haters aren't going to like this. As if having millions of iPads already sold wasn't bad enough, now they add another 4,000+ stores to start selling even more iPads. And all that money going to Apple.

Oh the horror of it all. Well, they did say the launch was on Oct 28th, so it is just in time for Halloween.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
First time I have actually seen prices on these....(shows how much I care lol) and WOW....I thought the top ones would be around $500 haha

Definitely have no curiosity at all for these now

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]First time I have actually seen prices on these....(shows how much I care lol) and WOW....I thought the top ones would be around $500 hahaDefinitely have no curiosity at all for these now[/citation]

Soooo ... how much did you think the lowest end was? :-\

myriad46

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Has it occured to anyone that the data network research and the CDMA hardware bought by apple is for a Verizon iPAD, not an iphone?

ashburner

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
1GB of data for $20/month... is this the only data plan? The pricing on data needs to be coming down, not going up! These companies are milking us big time

G

if your buying an iPad then your not really concentrating on data plans and cost of ownership, just the hypnotic draw of that fruit shaped logo.....

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]ashburner[/nom]1GB of data for $20/month... is this the only data plan? The pricing on data needs to be coming down, not going up! These companies are milking us big time[/citation]
Only in the good ole US of A were the almighty dollar prevails above all else and the corporate heads shaft the consumer sans the KY.

zubikov

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]So let me make this clear: this version of the iPad isn't modified for CDMA radio, but instead uses a MiFi to convert Verizon 3G to a wireless network? Is that correct?[/citation]

I can't believe how many people are overlooking this fact. My coworkers for whatever reason are rampant about the CDMA Verizon iPad, oblivious to the MiFi gimmick. Not Apple's or Verizon's fault, I think it just proves how much herd mentality there is about popular new gadgets these days.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]disloyal[/nom]Guess ATT should be scared....[/citation]

it better be, since they only offer a 2gb data plan...wtf are they thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.