Vertical GPU general questions (basically the 102)

Apr 18, 2018
It’s around that time where the new GPUs are coming in and the old ones come my way for a better price. My grand plan is to use the p350x case for the vertical mount and, contrary to some opinions, the rgb.

I know enough about airflow to know that either a blower or water cooled is ideal, but what’s the actual temperature difference between traditional fans and those 2, I don’t wanna break my budget for the build as a whole, so the cards are GTX1070 to 1080 range. The card I really had my eye on is the evga hybrid because they are really good cards in every aspect from looks to performance and I’ve heard nothing bad about the aio water system.

If you agree with my choice(EVGA HYBRID if you skimmed past) or have a different suggestion I’m all ears regardless, I just need a little cross examination for the right choice, as one should do.

PS: should you care to see, part list is... https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HM4kHh

dederedmi5plus

Prominent
Aug 17, 2018
does phanteks p350x support vertical graphic card? evga hybrid cooling is a good choice on tight compartment such as p350x, personally AIO GPU cooler is more flexible, I'd use faster fan just to see how it'd dissipate more heat.

Apr 18, 2018
It doesn’t support it out of the box, I’m going to get a riser kit (either the coolermaster or cablemod) I know the new evolv-x case has it out of the box. If I go against the vertical all of this is for not, but it’s just the extra pop a flashy build needs to be extraordinarily flashy