Question Very frequent BSODs, need help identifying Driver issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2020
Hi, my recently built rig has been ramping up in BSODs over the past month since it was built, from roughly once every couple days to the current BSOD 2 minutes after login. The BSOD really ramped up after I reset the PC with a clean install.

Parts:
MSI X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI
RYZEN 5 3600
4X8 GSkill Trident Z Neo 3600 16C( only 2 modules in right now, both memtest86 passed, running system default 2133HZ)
MSI 3x Ventus OC 3080

Errors are very frequent, and vary alot.
Here are some of the recent ones:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I will update this post with dump logs as soon as Windows Memory Diagnostics finishes running.

I clean installed the PC this morning, and have been slowly reinstalling drivers through safe mode. Any pointers on how to fix these BSOD would be greatly appreciated, I really need this computer working for my final project.

Colif

Win 11 Master
who crashed almost always blames ntoskrnl, which is what crashed. Its the victim, not the cause.

Johnbl has requested kernel dumps, we just wait for him to come back and read them.

I have a 3600XT and have not had any errors but I may be on a different bios build.

Wonder if resetting bios settings would fix any power management problems but as this is a John thread, I will let him work it out :)

Nov 30, 2020
So after messing around with the BIOS a little more, I haven't crashed in the last 24 hours.
Things I did:
Turned CPPC Preferred Cores off in BIOS
Disabled Fast Boot
Changed BIOS mode back to UEFI

If I don't crash for a week, I'll update this post and mark it solved.

Reactions: Soortt