[SOLVED] Very silly question about cpu usage and overclock

Verybusy44

Commendable
Sep 15, 2021
i7 9700k
z390 a pro
2133mhrz 8x2gb
3060ti

Hi, I play a multiplayer game that requires very stable 144+ fps in lowest settings.

My pc runs the game at 90~220 fps and cpu usage is around 25~50%, and I would like to avoid any fps drop lower than 144.

Will overclocking my CPU through oc genie to 5ghz stop the fps drop? Especially when my cpu usage is only 25~50% at most?

thanks in advance

i7 9700k
z390 a pro
2133mhrz 8x2gb
3060ti

Hi, I play a multiplayer game that requires very stable 144+ fps in lowest settings.

My pc runs the game at 90~220 fps and cpu usage is around 25~50%, and I would like to avoid any fps drop lower than 144.

Will overclocking my CPU through oc genie to 5ghz stop the fps drop? Especially when my cpu usage is only 25~50% at most?

thanks in advance
Piece at a time.
Can of air and a small brush give the innards a good cleaning.
Heatsinks and fans extra clean don't forget the psu a few shots of air from both directions.....test.

Monitor your cpu and gpu temps while gaming.

Get the latest bios/chipset driver/management engine driver... test

Verybusy44

Commendable
Sep 15, 2021
Piece at a time.
Can of air and a small brush give the innards a good cleaning.
Heatsinks and fans extra clean don't forget the psu a few shots of air from both directions.....test.

Monitor your cpu and gpu temps while gaming.

Get the latest bios/chipset driver/management engine driver... test

PC is freshly built, so dust is not an issue.
temps are fine, its just that the game i play is very badly optimized and it is very well known by the player base.
Just wanted to know if cpu overclock to 3.8 to 5ghz will stop the fps decrease from stable 144, where the game uses 25~50% cpu

PC is freshly built, so dust is not an issue.
temps are fine, its just that the game i play is very badly optimized and it is very well known by the player base.
Just wanted to know if cpu overclock to 3.8 to 5ghz will stop the fps decrease from stable 144, where the game uses 25~50% cpu
Freshly built does not mean squat.
It may not have been built proper from the start.
If you have made up your mind to OC do it and test.