Question very strange issue with detachable secondary SSD. PC wont boot/not detected

Sep 2, 2024
Context:

i have a ssd thats attached to the motherboard itself (internal) where my windows is installed. Last year in october i got a detachable 960GB SSD Silicon Power PC60. It arrived, i plugged it in and it immediately was detected and started working. I've been using it ever since and that's where i download all sorts of stuff such as steam games or torrents or movies or files or whatever.

3-4 days ago while i was downloading a torrent while also playing a game that was installed on that drive, the drive started disconnecting-reconnecting all the time. I restarted and everything was fine until i turned on the torrent. I stopped the torrent and everything was fine, the drive worked as normal. Every time i opened the torrent the drive would freeze and stop working but without it the drive worked normally. I eventually decided to reinstall the torrent app and delete all the torrents and restart them, within a few seconds after restarting them the drive crashed again and this time when i restarted my PC it wouldn't even boot up. It got stuck with a black screen with a single _ on it and i couldn't even get into the bios.

Since then my pc boots up/works normally without the drive but if i put the drive in, the pc does not boot up. If i boot the pc up without the drive and plug the drive after, it is no longer detected on the PC but it makes the normal sound (as when you plug usb) + i can see it on device manager (but i cant do anything with it there). The drive wont show up and i cant get my files out of it. I tried reinstalling my windows as well as plugging the drive into another computer but it doesnt show up.

The device does light up and makes a sound as if its detected but nothing more. Tried using different cables but nothing changes.

Strangely enough when i was reinstalling my nvidia drivers the nvidia experience setup wouldn't even progress as long as the drive was plugged in, even if it was not detected and did not work. I had to unplug it so that the setup can progress and then when i plugged it back, the setup stopped again. My pc did not freeze or anything it was just the setup that stopped.

I have some old files on it that i dont want to lose so .. any ideas ? anyone?