Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Msi x470 gaming plus
Ryzen 2600x
Rx 580
16 gb 3200
600 psu

Used be one of my boys old gaming rig.
Took it apart cleaned it reassembled it and gave it to my daughter. She plays palworld and once human on it. Everything was running great for about 4 months and today no signal going to the screen and the vga light stays on. Mobo was purchased in 2019.

Removed the cmos battery.
tried 2 other different gpus
removed sticks of ram and tried a single dimm.
tried the secondary psu pcie cable

Nothing. VGA light still on. Short of taking all the components off and reassembling the PC.

What do yall recommend?

My sons PC also has the same symptom. I built that PC around the same time 2019. What are the odds that 2 gaming rigs wont boot because of the VGA light......

Thx

Lutfij

Titan
600 psu
What is the make and model of the PSU and it's age? We would need specs to both builds since it seems like maybe the PSU's failed or were on their way out or as my colleague above has stated that a brownout was what caused the PSU's to conk out.

SPECOPS70

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
corsair 650m. not sure of all the specs on my sons. i will create different thread. sorry.

that's the psu in her rig.

no outages that I can recall.

i just tried a display port and still nothing VGA light still on.

SPECOPS70

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Well. I took everything out and cleaned it then I just reassembled it. this was done about 4 months ago. everything has been fine until today when she went to turn it on.

i am leaning towards the mobo. what do you think?