Sep 12, 2022
Hello,
I have a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite rev 1.0 motherboard and a Gigabyte 3060 ti Gaming OC Pro 8GB graphic card in my rig. The problem is there is a led light on my motherboard with the label VGA which sometimes lights up red on startup and stays that way until I turn the PC off but sometimes it's normal and it doesn't light up. I checked and benchmarked my rig, the GPU is working properly and so is the entire rig but the led just sometimes lights up, which can only be fixed by a reboot.
Is it a bug with this specific motherboard, should I unplug and plug back in my GPU, update BIOS drivers?
Thanks!

Sep 12, 2022
Do you turn on the monitor before you start the pc?
Okay so I checked it and the VGA led always lights up on boot but if the monitor is on it disappears where as if you have your monitor turned of it stays red during usage. Could you please explain why that happens and how to possibly make it go away? Is this how the motherboard is supposed to react?

Sep 12, 2022
Is there any other problem when this happens? Is the GPU working normally when LED is lit?
There aren't any problems with it, the whole rig works as it should but the led is on so I wanted to ask just to be sure.
As I've tested above it only happens if I boot the PC with my monitor turned off for whatever reason.

There aren't any problems with it, the whole rig works as it should but the led is on so I wanted to ask just to be sure.
As I've tested above it only happens if I boot the PC with my monitor turned off for whatever reason.
In that case it is normal. Some motherboards will only use debug LEDs for critical warning, yours seemingly uses it to signal less important concerns as well - in that case it just signals that no monitor has been detected. It stays lit because the tests are only done at PC start so the motherboard has no way to 'find out' later that it was just monitor turned off. You can safely ignore it.