[SOLVED] VGA screen DVI - D , DVI - A or HDMI adapter?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tedsorvino

Commendable
Oct 12, 2018
Hi . I've got an old lcd vga monitor and I would like to connect it on my Asus Prime 450 motherboard via one of the digital ports in order to epxeriment with my Radeon Graphic Vega 8 graphic card's scaling, custom resolution and aspect ratio capabilities. They are not available through the VGA port. Only through DVI D or HDMI

THESE ARE THE SPECS

Integrated Graphics in the 2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI-D/D-Sub ports
  • Supports HDMI 2.0b with maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz
  • Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
  • Supports D-sub with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
What kind of adapter do I need in order to do so? VGA female to DVI - A male , to DVI - D or to HDMI ? Active, passive? Any example with link please.

Thanks

Last edited:

tedsorvino

Commendable
Oct 12, 2018
Then get a monitor with DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort input. The truth is that converter adapters will not give you any advantage here but most likely will make things even worse.

Maybe I 'll do. But I don't know if it's worth it for just an application I use some hours per week. Of course a more modern monitor is a must but it costs more than a converter.

Endre

Reputable
Solution