[SOLVED] VGA TO HDMI CABLE !!! HELP

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
I would appreciate if someone can actually really help me here. Im looking further to purchase a gtx1660, but my monitor contains only vga adapter cable, and for that i need a VGA to HDMI adapter because of the graphic card. Now ive scrolled a lot on amazon and i saw a lot of adapter, what i need here is for you guys to tell me which cable do i need to get. VGA to HDMI or VGA to DisplayPort, which one is better and will it work on my monitor? Because ive seen that the cables that ive searched only have up to 1920x1080 60hz or whatever i dont understand it. My monitor is 1440x900 75hz !!! Will these cables work on my monitor (1440x900) perfectly with the graphic card? And can i play on 75hz because ive seen only 60hz written on the cables orders.

-https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...30522&sprefix=vga+to+hdmi+star,aps,423&sr=8-1

Solution
So that means there is no point of getting the adapter, all what i need its a new monitor with a hdmi port right? There is no way to connect the hdmi graphiccard with my vga monitor (1440x900)... Bruh, i actually feel bad.
Sorry for the late response. A new monitor with an HDMI, DVI or display port adapter (99% of new monitors have at least one of these) would work. You could get the adapter and it would probably work, although I expect you would get 1440X900 @ 60Hz. I don't know if that's good enough for you.
@Harbintatamata
So your biggest issue is that VGA is an analog technology and HDMI (and DP) is digital. The cable you need will have to transform the digital signal to an analog one. Anytime you do such a transformation there is a chance you will run into problems or limitations. I doubt the resolution will be an issue, but your computer may not be able to determine what resolutions are available for your monitor. Because of this, it could automatically select a resolution (like 1080) that doesn't work and your monitor will go blank or all crazy. As far as the refresh rate ... since the device is rated for 60Hz, I expect it will only go up to 60Hz and not the desired 75Hz. 60Hz is pretty standard and so I assume your monitor supports it.

Bottom line ... will it work? Probably. Will it work perfectly? Probably not.

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
@Harbintatamata
So your biggest issue is that VGA is an analog technology and HDMI (and DP) is digital. The cable you need will have to transform the digital signal to an analog one. Anytime you do such a transformation there is a chance you will run into problems or limitations. I doubt the resolution will be an issue, but your computer may not be able to determine what resolutions are available for your monitor. Because of this, it could automatically select a resolution (like 1080) that doesn't work and your monitor will go blank or all crazy. As far as the refresh rate ... since the device is rated for 60Hz, I expect it will only go up to 60Hz and not the desired 75Hz. 60Hz is pretty standard and so I assume your monitor supports it.

Bottom line ... will it work? Probably. Will it work perfectly? Probably not.
So that means there is no point of getting the adapter, all what i need its a new monitor with a hdmi port right? There is no way to connect the hdmi graphiccard with my vga monitor (1440x900)... Bruh, i actually feel bad.

Sorry for the late response. A new monitor with an HDMI, DVI or display port adapter (99% of new monitors have at least one of these) would work. You could get the adapter and it would probably work, although I expect you would get 1440X900 @ 60Hz. I don't know if that's good enough for you.

Solution